Friday, 3 March 2017

Five On Friday

Hello everyone

First of all I want to say a great big thank you to everyone for all of the kind things you said last week about Five On Friday and the changes that are afoot.  If you don't know already, from 24th March there will be a new host.  Tricky from FAST blog will be taking over.  You can find out more here.

Thank you for your kindness it really means so much to me.  Thank you for saying lovely things and for understanding that I need to make changes and move on with life.  I have some more to say about that below and will have more to say in the future I am sure, but I can say already that I feel more energised to move on with my life and in particular with my blogging.  I think that I will feel freer to do different things in future which will be great.

I am sorry that I seemed to be late reading your posts last week.  In fact I read them twice as I did a quick read when you first linked up, but I wanted to wait until all of the submissions had happened before I visited and left you all a comment, so if you haven't seen my message it is now there!  This week I am also going to be late visiting and commenting because we have a busy weekend planned with some private things so I will be around on Tuesday I expect.

One of the things I have struggled with his when I have weekends like this and trying to juggle Five On Friday so I have to say that I am glad that I will be freer in the future to blog in a way that will fit more easily around my family life.

All of that to say thank you for your loveliness, understanding and best of all for so many of you going and visiting Tricky's blog.  I saw that he had a lot of comments which really made my heart sing!  FAST is a great blog and I know that you will enjoy it and to see you going over there really makes me happy.  One of the things that I love most and try hardest to promote in life and especially in blogging is sharing and kindness and your visits to Tricky showed that you feel the same and that is just wonderful!

I also wanted to say that I am sorry that I appear to have been missing from commenting on your blogs lately.  I have been reading, but yes, I have been absent from the comments.  Although the aftermath of the funeral and everything has happened and the paperwork is now under control somehow Hubby and I are feeling that we need more time with each other now.  I think it is only as things settle more than you become more aware of the reality.  So I am taking some time in the evenings to be more with Hubby than my computer as we need to do that.  I will be back and gradually blogging and commenting will increase.  I had two posts scheduled for this week some time ago and then added another yesterday on a whim, but I am taking a bit of a general blog break too, but as I get back into the swing of things I will return and writing and sharing will increase once again.  All in good time as many of you have said to me and are well aware yourselves.

Anyway, enough wittering!!  I said in the post I wrote yesterday that I am thinking more about my writing style and one of those thoughts is to try and be more succinct and so far this post is far from succinct!

One

Spring bulbs.  Just look at the array of things coming up in our garden.  Snowdrops and miniature - and some not so miniature - daffodils and crocuses.  The pictures say it all, aren't they beautiful!.










Oh, and yes, in the next picture.  Masses and masses of moss.  We did no gardening for the second half of last year.  This is the result!  Once the snowdrops finish in late May we will be attacking the moss with the scarifer and rake, although it will always be here because of the shady conditions.  So we tolerate it and then clear it and go round and round!


Two

Other spring flowers.  Primulas and hellebores as well as other things growing and sprouting.  The rhubarb is making an appearance too which is always welcome.







Three

Crafty things.  Those of you on Instagram will have already seen my bunny sock blockers more than once, but really, you cannot show anything this cute too often can you.  Oh, and my first ever pair of knitted socks......



I am also participating in the Scheepjes Hygge CAL, it is great fun, although slightly challenging.  I am not finished with this weeks yet, but I will also share that on Instagram and more here as I make progress.  In case you are wondering, yes, the bits that look like cross stitch are cross stitch.  That is what the challenge is!


Four

Weather.  Although the weather has been great at times this week, it is still very cold and it has also been very wet.  Earlier in the week we had a torrential downpour with a lot of hail in it.  You can see just how much hail gathered in the nooks and crannies.




Five

Walking.  I have been for another walk with the group I found.  We went all through the woods this time and the weather was glorious.  I am keeping my blogger credentials under my hat for now, so I haven't taken my camera, but when we stopped for a break halfway round I snapped these photos on my phone.  The blue sky hasn't really come out, but it was beautiful, even if it was freezing cold!




Thank you for your visit today.  I hope that you have a great weekend.  Love your loved ones and be just a little kinder thank you need to be.

Amy

28 comments:

  1. Love the pictures of the flowers, great post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your photos with these beautiful signs of Spring!
    Your socks are amazing and those bunnies are so cute.
    Take your time and enjoy this little bit of a break.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amusing that you are an incognito blogger! I imagine that will not change with the walking group. The flowers look glorious for its being freezing. It is well below freezing here...needless to say...no flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. your flowers grow fast. in my garden there is only the snowdrop peaking out. And the rhubarb is big too. Can't wait until it is warm enough to see all my flowers again :)
    Have a nice weekend.
    Gusta

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's always lovely to see pictures of your garden, Amy. Spring is definitely on its way and glorious to have some sunshine as well as new life emerging. New season, new start for you. Well done. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad that you are enjoying the walking group. I look forward to seeing some of the scenery you come across when you get a chance to take some photos on future walks. It's nice to see your miniature daffodils in bloom - still waiting for ours to flower up here in S. Yorkshire.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely photos! It's wonderful to see things growing. No sign of that here yet. In fact this morning when I woke up there is another layer on snow on the grass and roads. Oh well. The sky is blue and the sun is shining in spite of it being really cold (well below freezing). It's lovely to see all the bright things growing in your garden. The walking group sounds wonderful. Get that camera out!

    Have a lovely weekend

    ReplyDelete
  8. A Lovely five Amy, especially all the Spring flowers. We're in desperate need of some warmer weather now.
    I'm so glad you're enjoying the walking group. It's good to get out in like minded company. X

    ReplyDelete
  9. We just started growing some "Victoria" Rhubarb from seed, we have the tiniest little leaves coming up at the moment but I think it will be a few years before we get to the stage that we can harvest any

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great five, so wonderful when our first bulbs start blooming. Your craft project is gorgeous. Glad you're keeping up with the walking group.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love seeing all the bulbs flowering, the bursts of colour xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. My husband came in with his "we have some purple weeds coming up!" They are called crocuses honey! It really does look like spring in your garden. I'm so happy for you Amy and your positive changes! I jumped over to FAST the other day and found it enjoyable! Take care!
    Karen B.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely five. I'm glad you are enjoying the walking group and your garden is looking wonderful, you have some beautiful spring flowers:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Sweetie! I'm so proud of you - making those choices and taking the time you need.

    I LOVE your flower photos! I gobbled up each one. Feel free to share flowery posts as much as you'd like. They feed my soul right now in this time of still late winter in my northwoods. I have cabin fever and keep dreaming of Spring! ;)

    And so proud of you with your walking group too. Keep up the great work Lady! Blessings on your weekend ahead. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a truly wonderful cheerful, colourful post! Your flowers are doing so well & bursting with beauty!
    Glad the walking group is working out!
    Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are sounding better, Amy. Just in time for spring too. The walking group sounds lovely. I like the socks (and recognise the shirt quilt beneath it too!). Have a lovely weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your flowers are wonderful, so bright and pretty. You are far ahead of us, weatherwise. So good to read that you are modifying your lives and doing what is best for both of you. The walking group sounds lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your garden is lovely. And, as I am in an apartment this year ..... I will garden vicariously through YOU! LOL I am very much looking forward to buying a new home and having a garden of my own again.

    Hugs to you as you process through your grief. We'll all be here whenever you blog. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Glad you managed to get out for another group walk Amy

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such pretty flowers in the sun, cheering us all up! Glad you are enjoying your walks and I must investigate that CAL it looks rather unusual and interesting. Have a great week. x

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm always amazed at how much further along your spring is to ours. Yeah, cold ... it was -15C this morning when I got up. At least the blinkety blue sky helps there. Your flowers look beautiful, and I love the spread of your snowdrops! Your crochet square is so springlike and sweet. Love the knitting!!! And the bunny blockers are keepers. (BTW for some reason I only get sporadic updates from instagram, and I still haven't figured out how to work on there for my own site) Have a great weekend Amy. It's good to hear you are making progress in scratching out some time for yourself & hubby :)
    Wendy xox

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your garden is looking wonderful Amy and I am so envious of the lovely drifts of snowdrops. I have seen them on other blogs too but with our sticky clay soil snowdrops will only grow in small clumps or in pots here. Your Hyyge CAL is looking great and a super pair of socks. Enjoy wearing them.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Amy, your flowers are beautiful. I love the yellow primrose. It's nice that you and your hubby are able to take some time to be together right now, family is so important. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love your bunny sock blockers - anything bunnies really!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your spring flowers are honey to my soul! Have a great week Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Amy,

    I thought I would do better with commenting this week and you wouldn't believe my luck. I was getting a cap put on a tooth (I'll blog about later) and ended up in the dentists office 4 times in eight days AND a trip about 45 minutes away for a root canal. So five days! It's been rough. Then my computer wouldn't work. I don't even know how it started working but I'm not turning it off! I totally understand why you want to make changes and I want you to know I appreciate that you asked someone else to take over, rather than just give it up. So nice of you to care. I've had several people tell me they enjoy five on Friday, so it makes me want to do it more often. I love the flowers you posted pictures of. We are still in the gray days of winter here so flowers are always appreciated. The socks and bunny sock blockers are so cute. Someday I will learn to make socks. Seems to be the thing to do! Have a great rest of the week.

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  27. You have a wonderful garden with many beautiful spring flowers. It was wonderful to see the daffodils blooming cheerfully. Mine are up, behind the snowbanks. Your walks with new walking friends sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for stopping by to visit and for leaving a comment, I love hearing what you have to say and I read all of your messages.

All comments are moderated, so it might take a little while for your comment to appear, but it will once I have read it!

Thank you again for visiting!

Amy xx