Friday, 13 January 2017

Five On Friday

Today my post is a super quick one, but an important one.

I wanted to "take five" to say thank you all so very much for your support, your kind messages and comments, your condolences, prayers, good thoughts and all of the other ways you have supported us in the last few weeks.

Many years ago I was taught that whilst it is perfectly acceptable, and we do it all the time and there is nothing wrong with it, to ask in prayers for things to be fixed, support and any other needs we have, it is also a good thing to give thanks for things too.  It isn't just a one way street with praying.

Hopefully I have always been grateful for what I have, but many years ago I made a concerted effort to not only be grateful, but to tell others that I was grateful for them, the things they did and so on.

So today of course I want to express my gratitude to you all, to acknowledge your kindnesses and to say how much we appreciate them so very much.  Somehow though, and perhaps for the first time, these words do not seem significant enough.  I cannot find a big enough word to express what I feel.

When I read posts and someone has sad or difficult news to share, and especially news of a death, I try and leave a comment expressing my love and support and that I am thinking of the person either mentioning prayers or good thoughts depending on what seems appropriate for the person.  Those words often seem insignificant to me and I wonder as though I should say something "more" or "better" in some way. 

Let me tell you though, just a simple "thinking of you" or "so sorry" means so very much when you are in the situation.  To know there are others there is a wonderful thing and you don't need a lot of words for that.

Which leads me back around to the thanks that I started with and all I really need to say are these two words which I will leave you with.  I think they say it all and are meant with the greatest sincerity you can imagine.

Thank you.

Amy

p.s. linking of course with Five On Friday, see the other posts and link up here.

p.p.s sorry I have been all rather wordy lately and a little deep.  Things will cheer up soon I promise!  I also have more crochet coming soon too!

33 comments:

  1. I'm also thinking of you and hope all will turn out for you soon. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you have felt our love and support!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy, you have made me cry! I am so glad that the words left here have brought you comfort. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's always good to know that others are thinking of you !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the thanks & so glad little bits of kindness are helping, even if only words from far & near. Have a lovely weekend, look forward to seeing some crochet soon & take care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hopefully you are able to move forward now, after the last few difficult months. You are due some good times I think. Here's hoping. B x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely 'Thank-you', Amy and so well-said. It's always comforting to feel we are not alone. Sending hugs xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad all our words, wishes and prayers have helped you in such a difficult time Amyx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so glad that you can find some comfort from us all, sending a hug.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sending hugs your way. Glad we could be of some comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for leaving a lovely comment on my blog Amy. I too am making a concerted effort to express my thankfulness for the things God has given me. I'm sorry about your recent loss. It's good to see you blogging, and from the comments you have it's easy to see you are well supported by many.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey you've been going through a tough time. Wordy and deep helps get through them. You are so nice Amy. I'm sure others will agree that we are the grateful ones!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thinking of you and continuing to pray

    ReplyDelete
  14. Friends are angels who lift you up when your wings are broken... so sorry you had to go through this time. Blessings and comfort...

    ReplyDelete
  15. I too sometimes wonder if the simple, short words are enough but sometimes that is all that's required to let someone know are thoughts are with them. Thank you for continuing with the Five on Friday despite your recent sad times.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautifully written Amy. You have a great deal of friends here in the blogosphere I think, all thinking of you and wishing you well. You know I am thinking of you as you go through this difficult time. Sending you a hug, CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. It is so very difficult to convey our sincerity in words. Especially when the exact same words are repeated so often they lose meaning. Time is of the the real value here. It means so much that we take the time to read and truly "hear" each other and then use up a bit more of our time to leave a kind word. Then we can take it a bit further and carry that person in our heartfelt thoughts throughout the coming days. Sending love, Andrea.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hoping life moves forward and picks up for you soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am so glad you have felt our love and support from the blogging community. Thinking of you Amy. x

    ReplyDelete
  20. God bless Amy and thank you for being such a sweet and kind person.

    ReplyDelete
  21. YOu are so lovely Amy, that is why all of these positive thoughts and prayers are being sent your way my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Dear Amy, I'm glad that you have felt supported and loved. I've always appreciated your support through your prayers and the kind messages you leave on my blog. Continuing to think of you and your family and hoping that life will get easier in the coming days.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Continuing to think of you all and sending hugs and prayers of support. I pray you're hearts continue to heal in the days ahead. Blessings on your weekend dear Friend. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  24. Continuing to send you hugs and prayers for the comfort for you and yours, Amy. You have thanked us well...Thank you! xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'm so pleased you have felt the love and support which has been (and still is) sent your way. I hope you are beginning to feel a little stronger as the days go by. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. That's really good to know as I have always wondered whether my words were enough, I'm so glad that the words of friendship and kindness you received were able to comfort you during this difficult time. X

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wishing you all the best Amy. Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Saying thank you to God and to people is a beautiful practice, and you are a role model for doing this.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thinking of you as you walk this hard road of grief. Gratitude is a wonderful practice.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Sending you love and prayers. Take care and God bless. x

    ReplyDelete
  31. Catching up with you again, and so sorry that you have had a hard time lately.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for stopping by to visit and for leaving a comment, I love hearing what you have to say and I read all of your messages.

All comments are moderated, so it might take a little while for your comment to appear, but it will once I have read it!

Thank you again for visiting!

Amy xx