Thursday, 21 July 2016

Admin and Housekeeping

I was going to pop this in my post tomorrow, but it didn't seem to fit and was a bit long so I will just link to it tomorrow instead.  I think it works better as a stand alone post.

So, just a few notes of admin and housekeeping!

Firstly of all, Five On Friday.

There will be no Five On Friday in August, I always take a break in August and this year will be the same.  So next week will be last one until September when we will start again on 2nd September.  I will try and remind you the week before, but the link will appear in any case so I am sure that will prompt you.

I hope we can all enjoy the summer and stop thinking in Fridays!

If you have read my blog for a long time you will know that I have struggled with replying to comments.  If you have specific questions I always try to reply, but I don't always get to reply to everyone because a lot of people, and more all the time it seems, are no reply bloggers.

Going forward I will try and reply to all comments in the comments, so do go back and look to see if I have left you a message!  I will try and do this every couple of days, so if the reply isn't there immediately do look another time.  I have replied to comments from the last week if you want to go and see what I have said.

Also in the vein of comments, I find that it is getting harder and harder to comment on all of your blogs all of the time.  Up until recently I have tried to comment on every single one of your posts.  Not in a stalkerish way - I hope! - but in a friendly way.  However, I cannot always manage it now that I am busier working and with everything else that I have going on in life.  Just like you do!

I hope that you will therefore please excuse me if I don't always comment on all of your posts.  I hope that will not stop you from visiting me, and please don't think that I am not visiting and reading your posts, I might just not always say so! 

This is really really difficult for me.  I struggle with it a lot.  I feel that I should read and comment on every single post of everyone whose blog I read, and everyone who comes and comments here, but it really isn't possible.  I feel terrible guilt though and as though you will be upset, but finally something has had to give.

So please forgive me and don't be cross!  I hope that the replying to your comments here will help with our bloggy relationship!

Moving on from thinking about time, I said in the last podcast that I would be back in two or three weeks, and I may be, but I am also thinking of taking August off from that too.  I hope that you will bear with me if I do, but again, I just need some time!

Finally, I have been having a bit of a tidy up in Bloglovin as I was finding it difficult with all of the blogs I follow.  I realised that there were a lot of blogs on my list that are no longer active - and sadly when I went and checked quite a few that no longer even exist - so I have deleted them which means that I am no longer following them.  If I have accidentally unfollowed you and your blog is still active please can you drop me an e-mail and let me know so that I can pick you up again.  If I did unfollow and you are still active it really was by accident!

My hope is that by having just the blogs that are active on the list I can easily see who has posted and keep in touch with you more easily.

During August I am not sure if I will also blog as I usually do or less, but I will still be around and will definitely return in September.  I am not stopping blogging, this is just a summer break.

Also I haven't decided if I will keep my Etsy shop open during August or not.  I am going to do another - sorry, two in one day which really is very very rare for me - post in moment of the things I currently have, so if you want to order something please feel free to do so and then if I do put the shop into holiday mode during August you will not be waiting.

The shop will reopen again and the pattern shop on Ravelry remains open all of the time because you are purchasing an automatic PDF download so it doesn't matter if I am not around or not.

Sorry if this is rather rambly, you can see why I wanted to write it as a separate post!

I am terrified that saying all of this will somehow cause the most terrible offence and that you will all run off, but please don't take offence.  It isn't because I don't want to be in touch, or don't care.  I care deeply, but I need a little rest!

Thank you for understanding!  See you tomorrow, and next week - and shortly with that shop post of course! - and then we will see each other in September for sure even if we don't see each other so much in August!

Love to you all, from my home to yours!

Amy  xx

49 comments:

  1. Please don't feel that you have to comment each time I comment on your blog, like you said, it's nice if I ask a question to answer, otherwise, it's ok not to. I don't get anywhere near the comments you do, but unless I'm asked a question I almost never respond, life's too short. Enjoy your break.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! So here I am replying! No worries about me replying here, it helps me because then I know I replied! Thank you for the good wishes and support, they are always greatly appreciated my dear!

      Delete
  2. No worries. Summer is a busy time for everyone. We'll still be here when you return. Enjoy your time away.
    xx Beca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Beca. I hope you have a great summer too!

      Delete
  3. Oh don't worry about commenting on others blogs or comments - there just isn't enough hours in the day for it all or to worry about it. I'm lucky if I get to read posts on others blogs, let alone comment on them.

    Have a wonderful August.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind understanding! I hope you have a great August as well!

      Delete
  4. I just began to follow you. I don't always leave comments or even read all of anyone's posts, so I have no problem with what you said. None of us has the time to spend all day in blogland.
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, you are very kind! I hope you have a great summer!

      Delete
  5. Hi Amy. It seems to me that you find blogging a bit of a chore at the moment. Just let it all go for a bit, it is not a job but should be a joy. You have taken on quite a few new things, your shop, the designing, the podcasts, no wonder you are not finding the time to read and comment. I for one don't expect you to read my every word, and leave a comment. Go on, enjoy your holidays! Wishing you splendid weather, happy adventures and lots of fun. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It isn't that blogging is a chore, it is never that, it is just that I have so much going on and I am not good at letting things go! Thank you for the good wishes, I hope that you have a great summer too!

      Delete
  6. Hey Amy! Enjoy your time and recharge those batteries! Catch you when you return!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Amy, please don't worry about these things. I don't think anybody expects people to comment on their every post. When most of us follow very many blogs, it just would take too much time. I think it's better to visit fellow bloggers more seldom and to read with attention and pleasure what they are posting. :)
    Have a lovely weekend and a very relaxing August! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am one of those who is very good at giving advice and I would say exactly as you have to anyone else, but I am rubbish at taking advice, even my own! You are right though! Have a great summer!

      Delete
  8. Amy, you're amazing, you put so much effort into being a good blog friend, you should never feel guilty that you can't read everyone's posts. It's just impossible. Just read a bit if you feel like it and let go of the guilt, absolutely no-one minds, and no-one expects anyone to read it all. Take a break when you need one, and when it all feels a bit too much then just walk away and do something else. I promise I shan't mind a bit if you never read another word I write, and I shall still consider you a friend. Wishing you a good weekend, with lots of lovely relaxation. Hugs, CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much CJ, you really are so very kind. If you never read another word of mine I would feel the same about you too! I hope though that we both continue to write so that we can both continue to read!! Have a great summer!!

      Delete
  9. I'm amazed you have been able to comment on blogs as much as you do. Time is precious, I often have a splurge read of post if I haven't had time for a week or so and then it is not practical to comment. No one will be offended Amy, really they won't x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I know that I would say the same to you or anyone else, but saying it is easier than doing it for me. I am a WIP! I will keep trying!

      Delete
  10. Amy, I love the way you communicate! I am thoroughly enjoying our bloggy friendship, but absolutely understand the good choices you are making with your time and lack thereof :) Since joining Five on Friday I have tried to visit and comment on each published post. It is hard to do and I have failed! I love your thoughtful comments not only on my posts but others posts and admire all you are accomplishing with your life. It is fun to find all the common interests we have, but I hope that you will enjoy communicating with me as you are able, and I will do the same...perfectly imperfect but with heartfelt
    love :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please don't feel you have to visit all of the Five On Friday posts, I do because I am the host, but apart from one other person I don't think anyone else visits them all and that is more than OK. Just visit a couple and that would be lovely! It is a lovely way to visit others and meet new bloggers though isn't it!

      Delete
  11. You are amazing at what you accomplish, so August is a well deserved break.
    Is Five on Friday open to potentially new bloggers? Just putting out feelers at this time. Hope you don't mind me asking. I am from Burlington, Ontario Canada

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Five On Friday is open to anyone Sally! You would be most welcome to take part. Please feel free! Just write your post, make sure it includes five things, link back to my post and then add your link. You could join in this week and/or next week or wait until September, but you would be most welcome. You can join in all the time or just as and when the fancy takes you, no pressure at all! Thank you for considering it! I look forward to getting to know you as a blogger! All the best. xx

      Delete
  12. After having some issues with Blogger, I have not even been on my own blog or visited a blog in months. The enforced break has shown me I was spending too much time online. Commenting on so many posts takes so much time. It would be great if blogger had a like button like Facebook or Instagram.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have missed you, but I totally understand! It does take an awful lot of time doesn't it. A like button would be good, but I would miss the interaction if that was all we did, so I guess both would be good for different circumstances wouldn't it! Hope you are having fun!

      Delete
    2. Thanks Amy. Fun times and a bit stressful from time to time during our holiday (nothing important just little things).
      Hope to be able to blog again.

      Delete
  13. Amy, please don't stress yourself out like this, blogging is supposed to be fun.
    I don't think anyone replies to every comment on every post, we all have real lives too!
    Kick back, enjoy your break, relax, eat ice cream and take it easy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the support, don't worry I will be doing lots of relaxing! I feel more relaxed already just for saying it all. Hope you have a good summer too!

      Delete
  14. Thanks for the update Amy. Don't worry about not commenting when time gets away from you just like eclectichomelife said!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Don't worry Amy about commenting, not blogging, etc. I totally understand and by no means am I offended. Enjoy your August and take a much needed break. You are so kind . Hugs, Pay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pat, I will enjoy the break and I hope that you have a good summer too!

      Delete
  16. Amy, I get totally where you are coming from, I don't always manage to comment on everyone's blog posts and I hope they don't mind but it just isn't possible is it? There were so many sorrys in your post but it is fine, we all need a bit of a break, take a bit of back seat for a while, put your feet up, enjoy the sun (cough! Cough!) and give yourself a bit of Amy-time. Enjoy your break!
    Caz xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't imagine that anyone minds. I know I don't, it is just a thing I have for myself! We are our own worst critics aren't we. I will enjoy the break thank you, I hope you have a great August too!

      Delete
  17. Amy take your foot off the pedal! Everyone understands because we are all in the same situation! Time is short, and we can only do what we are able to do. I try to leave comments on the blog posts I read, but sometimes there isn't time, so I just do what I can, when I can. Take care of yourself over the summer, we'll all be here when you come back! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you got it just right there Penny with your take your foot off the pedal remark. I have just been going too fast, not breaking the speed limit, but I need to slow down and enjoy the scenery! I know we all understand, it is just me! Hope you have a great summer too!

      Delete
  18. Enjoy your break Amy and recharge those batteries. I am amazed at how you keep up with everything so I'm sure no one could be offended. Life is too short so it is important to enjoy what you do. Looking forward to catching up in September.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely thoughts! I will see you in September when we will both be rested!

      Delete
  19. I read but I don't always comment as given the option I prefer to read all blogs even if that means not having time to comment. Don't beat yourself up so much :) Life is too short, enjoy every minute, you seem like a lovely person so chin up and keep smiling and realise people won't be offended if you can't reply all the time xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to read too, I just like to comment too! We can't have it all can we! Hope you have a great summer - and enjoy all your new home is producing!

      Delete
  20. There will never be any offence taken on my part if you don't comment. I value peoples comments enormously but also appreciate how time consuming it can be. Take care and think of yourself for awhile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! You don't have to comment on everyone's Five On Friday either!! I am sure they appreciate it, but I know it takes you ages because I know it takes me ages!

      Delete
  21. In my early days of blogging I used to feel terribly guilty if I didn't leave a comment on blogs that I followed or if I didn't reply to a comment. Then I stopped and thought about it from the opposite perspective and realised that I don't remember if followers of my blog comment on every post and I because I leave quite a few comments I can't remember if they all get replied to... So it really doesn't matter! Comment when you feel you want to, reply if you need to and view it like any friendship that you dip in and out of... The connection doesn't go away!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are of course so right in all that you said! Nuff said!

      Delete
  22. Amy, I appreciate your visits to my blog, but I know you can't keep up with everything. I think if we all commented on every blog/post we visited there would be no time for anything else! I want you to keep designing. Even though I don't crochet I really enjoy seeing your designs come together especially with the stories that accompany them. You receive a LOT of visits/comments on your blog and I don't think we expect you to keep up with all of them! I'll keep visiting as I really enjoy your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for all of the lovely things you said Sharon! You are so very kind!!

      Delete
  23. Oh Amy, stop apologising! I come read if you've commented, replied or not! Don't fret! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rachel! That is why you are such a star!!!

      Delete
  24. have a lovely summer Amy, relax and enjoy the rest. x (and don't feel the need to reply, I never come back to check, - not just here, I don't do it on any of the blogs I read.... no time for that, I don't write comments to get replies, I just write them to say hi, probably means I miss lots of communication, but finding time to visit a post once is hard enough........ )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear! I am replying to this though!! Hee hee!

      Delete

Thank you so very much for stopping by to visit and for leaving a comment, I love hearing what you have to say and I read all of your messages.

All comments are moderated, so it might take a little while for your comment to appear, but it will once I have read it!

Thank you again for visiting!

Amy xx