Thursday, 30 June 2016

Ta Dah! Jo Shawl

I am thrilled to tell you that the Jo Shawl pattern is now finished!  Yay!  Only one more to go which is Meg, she is nearly finished and will then need to be blocked and I need to write the pattern up so it will be a couple of weeks before I publish that one.  I think that you will love it though!  Of course I hope that you love Jo and the other two as well!


The Jo Shawl represents various things about her character I think.  It is a bit spiky with the points along the edge.  Jo can be a little spiky and bristly at times, but she is also very loving and caring and warm.  This shawl is warm and will wrap around you and give you a hug!

It also works up very easily so is ideal for someone newer to crochet or someone more experienced who wants a fairly quick make.  There is only one stitch and once you get the pattern rhythm you can easily work on it.  I would say this would be a great travel project.


Another part of the shawl that represents the character Jo is that it is a warm shawl.  It isn't the biggest, but it has a big heart and is warm and cosy while being soft and drapey too.

The yarn that I used is Cascade 220 Heathers, it isn't a superwash yarn so you need to exercise some care, but, it blocked out beautifully, has held its shape very well indeed and is very soft too.


Each time I finish a shawl I think that I like it best, and right now I think I like this one best of all.  It is difficult to choose between them though, a little like picking your favourite child!

I know that some of you are waiting until all four are published before making your decision about which one to purchase so I will do a post with all four when they are done so you can compare them and make your choice.  If Jo is your chosen shawl though the pattern is now available.


Thank you all for your support for these shawls, your comments have been lovely and I hope that you will enjoy crocheting up your own versions, I would love the see the colours and yarns that you use so please do share them with me!

To purchase the shawl via Ravelry using paypal just click the button below.

 
To see all of my patterns click this button.

http://www.ravelry.com/stores/amy-at-love-made-my-home


Hope you are all having a good day!

Amy

Sharing with Cooking and Crafting with J&J

29 comments:

  1. Beautiful, a lovely creation. Loved the colour choice too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have done a unique thing incorporating the characters' personalities into the shawls. I think you got this one just right...Jo is definitely prickly, but she is also loving and warm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really pretty, Amy! Red is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous Amy, sadly we still have the weather for it, let's hope who buys it can pop it away until autumn! Love the colour :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're right, it is very Jo like, I could picture her wearing it. Really like the color.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty shawl! I love the gorgeous color -- I'll bet it looks beautiful on you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I can imagine Jo from Little Women wearing this as she warms herself too close to the fire. It is lovely Amy xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it, it is a perfect version of the Hitchhiker for crochet people - I am warm hearted and a bit spiky too! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Iove it Amy. Think this is my favourite. X

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's an unusual shape, I like the way it tapers at one end. Nice colour too. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's great, Amy and it looks really warm! You've been so busy lately with shawls and pretty bags, don't work too hard now ;-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's a wonderful shawl pattern, Amy! I wish I was a crocheter. I would definitely make it if only I knew how. Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that you have linked the design to the character of the person - they are lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Another lovely design. The asymmetric shape and spiky edge are so original. Love it! x

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is such a brilliant idea, Amy! Jo was my favourite, so I would have to go for this one! xCathy

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is gorgeous!!! You have so much talent.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely Amy & as you put it, easy enough to do whilst travelling, which is what I need in the car. Nothing too complicated as you can also take in the scenery. Look forward to the next one. Take care & have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Perfect for Jo! Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The shawl pattern suits Jo's character and is a pattern I think I can follow. It is very stylish, Amy, and I am looking forward to making it. Thanks for creating it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Amy,

    Your shawl is beautiful, great design and the red colour goes well with it! :)

    Ingrid xx
    Myfunkycrochet.blogspot.be

    ReplyDelete
  21. It is amazing Amy, you did a great job!
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  22. Perfect for Jo's character, I love it! X

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congrats on completion of your Jo shawl. I love the shape and I also enjoyed your photograph of all your shawls on your office door!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Very pretty! :)

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J

    ReplyDelete
  25. You made such a beautiful shawl Amy! :)
    Thanks for sharing at Cooking and Crafting with J&J!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for stopping by to visit and for leaving a comment, I love hearing what you have to say and I read all of your messages.

All comments are moderated, so it might take a little while for your comment to appear, but it will once I have read it!

Thank you again for visiting!

Amy xx