Friday, 24 June 2016

Five On Friday

Hello!

Can you believe it is Friday again.  Where does the time fly?  Well, for me over the last seven days the time has flown in a flurry of pattern writing.  Thank you so much for your kind words about the release of my Amy Shawl pattern yesterday.  I really appreciate it and am glad that you like it!  Hopefully some of you will get the pattern and make one of your own because I would love to see your versions.

I have also finished the pattern for the Jo Shawl and that will be released next week.  Meg should then follow in another week or so.  Then the set will be complete and yes, for those who have asked, I will do my best to share a picture of them all together.

I really do mean it when I say thank you for what you have said about it.  To know that others like and appreciate your work is a good thing!

Thank you too for your thoughts last week on postage and so on for my shop.  I am still mulling things over, but you have certainly all given me lots to think about and I appreciate that.

The week here has, as I said been a busy week of work for the most part.  Hubby is nearly finished with the big tiling project and it is looking good.  There is some painting and other finishing to do and then I will show you the results of the hard labour.

I am mostly bogged in a sea of crochet, but that is OK.  I have two shawls, two blankets, a computer cover and a crochet hook cover on the go at the moment as well as my knitting - such as it is!  I want to get a few things finished and then start some new projects!  Always on to the next thing.

Speaking of which, I better get on with my five things for this week!

You might remember a couple of weeks ago that I shared a post about losing a pet that included a quote from Rosamunde Pilcher.  I had never really considered her before in my eternal search for inspiring quotes so I have been digging and found five to share with you today.

One

“It was good, and nothing good is truly lost. It stays part of a person, becomes part of their character. So part of you goes everywhere with me. And part of me is yours, forever”

This is the quote I shared with you recently.  It resonated then and it still does today.  I quote this to myself regularly - daily! - and it does help me.

Two

“Happiness is making the most of what you have, and riches is making the most of what you've got.”  
This is so true isn't it.  We all know it, but don't necessarily remember it or live by it.  It isn't about what you have, it is what you do with it.  You can be rich with no possessions at all.  I spent so much less time doing the dusting when I had less things and I am trying to go back to that.  Not just because of the dust, but because I don't need things to make me happy.  Don't get me wrong, they are lovely to have and I am not criticising myself or anyone else for having things, but they don't automatically infer happiness do they.

Three

“It is better to travel hopefully than to arrive. Arrival often brings nothing but a sense of desolation and disappointment.”  
So true.  Often the journey is far more interesting than the final destination.  The thing to do is accept that the journey was good and then plan another and move on from the disappointing destination. 

A good journey doesn't mean a disappointing arrival though.  Travel hopefully, remain hopeful and be hopeful and perhaps you will be pleasantly surprised!

Four

“Life is so extraordinary. Wonderful surprises are just around the most unexpected corners.”  
Isn't this true!  You never know what will happen next.  New things, different things, they appear from nowhere and amaze us all.  The flower that blooms, the rainbow after the storm.  Small things that are good things.

Five

“Loving isn’t finding perfection, but forgiving horrible faults.”  
You don't need to say anything else about this do you.  Forgive and move on with love and that is the greatest love!

As always I wish you well for a good weekend and a good week ahead.  Thank you for joining Five On Friday, leaving me a comment and going and visiting other participants to leave them a lovely message too.

Happy travels!

Amy

********************

38 comments:

  1. I just read your previous post with the beautiful Amy shawl - I love the colour! Rosamunde Pilcher's writings are ones that I return to over and over for her love of home and her wonderful characters.
    I'll be back tomorrow to visit more of the participants - it's late here and I'm looking forward to my pillow.
    Happy Friday, Amy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. True and thoughtful quotes. Oh yeah, the time is flying!
    Enjoy your weekend

    ReplyDelete
  3. Plenty of food for thought in today's post, Amy, I shall be mulling things over as I go about life in my bubble today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for those positive thoughts. I've been feeling rather negative recently and could do with some boosting.
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Five beautiful quotes that certainly give a lot to think about, food for thought. Thank you as always for hosting and hope you have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A few years ago I enjoyed reading several of Rosamunde Pilcher's books, and you remind me that I want to check to see which ones I have missed so that I can read them, too. Thanks for sharing the quotes, and I hope you have a happy weekend as well! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. There's certainly food for thought amongst those quotes, Amy. Enjoy your week.

    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Rosamunde Pilcher and those quotes are so true. Hope you have a lovely weekend. B x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love a good quote and Rosamunde Pilcher too, those quotes are so true. I like the travel one and think it is appropriate for many journeys not just actual travel - if you know what I mean ha! Thank you for hosting, have a lovely weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful quotes, Amy. Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely thoughtful post. Thank you Amy. Have a good weekend and take care.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Amy,

    Lovely quotes you have chosen. :)

    Have a nice weekend,
    Ingrid xx
    Myfunkycrochet.blogspot.be

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am another Rosamunde Pilcher fan and can read her books over and over. She's a wise woman and gifted story teller. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good quotes on this Friday, thank you. Re. your previous post, the Amy shawl is lovely and in a gorgeous color. Well done. Have a happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such good quotes. All of them seem to ring true with me.

    Have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the quotes! I agree with Robin ... Pitcher is a wise woman.....

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely quotes Amy. I enjoy Rosamunde Pilcher books too, especially the Shell Seekers. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love all of these quotes! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello,Amy,
    Thank you for sharing such lovely quotes. Those will encourage your many blog friends!
    Have a good weekend.
    I am pleased to join Five on Friday again.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I've never read Rosamunde Pilcher but those quotes are very true, certainly something to think about.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great quotes. Sometimes we just need to slow down and appreciate what we have and let the dust just set there.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love number 3. But I do also live arrival.umm, might need to adapt the quote to fit me. Not joining in today as I've posted twice this week already including the one about inspiration where you are spoken about but mainly because I'm feeling quite bereft about the referendum vote and I do not think I could write an upbeat post today xx sending love xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Quote no 2 is the one that resonates with me the most but they are all good quotes. I've only read the Shell Seekers, which I loved and will read again one day, so don't know much of Pilcher's work.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely, and all so true, quotes Amy! ;) Hope you're not working too hard - you're going to get cramped crochet fingers!! Lol

    Blessings on your weekend ahead Sweetie. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  25. What good quotes. I haven't read any Rosamunde Pilcher books, will have to remedy that! Happy crocheting Amy and a super weekend too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. There's a lot of truth in those quotes Amy. I always think the anticipation of opening a present is so much more fun than tearing into it straight away, which also links in with all those dreadful programme adverts that give the story away. x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love the beautiful (and true) quotes from this excellent author. You certainly are keeping busy and I can't wait to see the next crochet project! Wishing you a happy weekend! xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  28. I enjoyed Rosamunde Pilcher's books and the quotes you have chosen are quite thought provoking.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I can't believe it's Friday again - I have enjoyed getting to know you a little better during my recent UK holiday, I will be heading back home next week and will continue from there.Thanks so much
    Wren x

    ReplyDelete
  30. I especially love the last quote, it is so true. Thank you for hosting Amy.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  31. Good quotes! There's a lot to think about in each one.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love finding great quotes and really like the ones you have shared here. Linking up for the first time tonight, really love this concept!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hi Amy,

    I enjoyed all the quotes, so true and thanks for sharing.
    Friday seems to come around very quickly. Love the shawl and you have been busy.
    Enjoy the weekend
    hugs
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  34. Wise words indeed lovely Amy
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  35. Wonderful post, Amy! I especially like number 3. I remember Chummy saying something like that in a Call the Midwife episode and being quite struck by it at the time. I think it was the very first Christmas special.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Oh I do love a good quote.No:4 stands out to me the most as we drove somewhere yesterday and weren't expecting the geese just around the corner. Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Definitely the journey - although if it's anything like the week's lately I'll be there before I know it! Thanks for hosting x

    ReplyDelete
  38. All very true and gives you something to mull over. Love number 2.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for stopping by to visit and for leaving a comment, I love hearing what you have to say and I read all of your messages.

All comments are moderated, so it might take a little while for your comment to appear, but it will once I have read it!

Thank you again for visiting!

Amy xx