Friday, 10 June 2016

Five On Friday

Welcome to Five On Friday!  It is lovely to have you here and taking part once again.  Thank you so very much for taking part each week.

I will do a little round up at the end, but I want to get straight on with my post today because it is a collaboration post with my lovely Hubby who took the photos for this post!

Yesterday we were sitting in the garden, I didn't know what I was going to post about and suddenly I was inspired.  Ask Hubby to take five different views of the garden from his point of view.  It is interesting to see how someone else seems the same things.

Here we go with five of the photos that he took!

One

Looking up from underneath a rhubarb leaf.  It is amazing how you can see the veins isn't it.  My Hubby is quite artistic when he wants to be and this is just the great sort of photo that he takes.


Two

We have been watching this crazy foxglove.  It started out fairly straight and then the end starting to curl around in a kind of spiral and now it has this odd kink in it.  They are beautiful flowers, but they do do some odd things!


Three

This is a view of the garden that I love and somehow never manage to capture in photos myself.  I liked the framing and the view and so on of this photo.


Four

This rhubarb leaf isn't quite so beautiful in some ways.  I love the colours together though and it is interesting to see the way that this leaf is decaying.


Five

Do you remember our great yucca dividing experiment last year?  Well, it was very stressful for me and I feared for both parts of the plant that we split up.  I am pleased to report that both parts are doing really well.  One has about five baby plants growing and just look at what the other one is doing....


Yes!  That is a flower spike!  Yay!!!  To say that I am excited is a massive understatement.  I love it and I also really like Hubby's photo of it with the little blobs of colour in the background from the plants that are behind it.

A lovely sight and a great photo and yes, you will be seeing more of this!

Those are Hubby's five pictures!  I hope that you enjoyed seeing them and seeing the garden through someone else's eyes for a change.

********************

Thank you to everyone who has been watching and commented about the podcast, so lovely of you to say such nice things!  I really appreciate it, but most of all I am glad that you are enjoying watching me chatting away.

Next week I will have a crafty round up on the blog so that those of you who don't watch can see what I have been doing and also I can show you some up close still pictures without me waving things around!!

I have decided that I will probably record once a fortnight or so.  This weeks episode was longer than my previous ones had been, but I felt that it was better and worked better for me and for the content too.  That also means that I will have more chance to share crafty things here on my blog too as I feel that has been lacking lately.

Thank you for the good thoughts about the accountant meeting.  I have heard back that my paperwork and record keeping is OK so that is good!  Phew!

Tomorrow I have an appointment at the garage to have my car fixed.  Hope that goes well...  Keep your fingers crossed for me.  I love my car but it is 15 or so years old now so getting a little worn.

This weekend we have plans for more DIY probably for Hubby as he now has the "downstairs loo" as we call it in England to tile - next to the laundry - and other things too.  We also have to visit Man and see if we can resolve an issue with his washing machine - my suggestion is to buy a new one...  A couple of our pots are looking a bit bare so I might try and pick up a few plants to fill the spaces and of course there will always be crochet.

I have started really reading a book that I have been reading snippets of for ages, it is called The Mitford Girls and is a biography of the Mitford family and sisters.  So far so good, I just want more time to read it!!  I will let you know how it goes.

It was great to read your thoughts on my book review this week.  I think there are only a couple of the Tommy and Tuppence books which is why they are less well read I suppose, but we all seemed to agree they are enjoyable so those of you who haven't read any might like to have a go sometime.

Your thoughts on the paintings that I shared were interesting too.  Like many of you I wouldn't want the Jackson Pollock in my home, but it was interesting to see and as I said, very different from looking at a picture.

Well, that is it for this week I think.  I am as always writing this on Thursday evening and am off now to nurse my rotten cold!  Yes, I am taking Vitamin C to those who suggested it before, I think that I might need to add a multivitamin despite all the salad I am eating at the moment.  There is a bottle of gin and some tonic water in the fridge.  I wonder if that will help my cold...  Perhaps some vitamins from a slice of lemon!!

I hope that you all have a great weekend whatever you are doing - or not doing!  Thank you again for joining in!

Amy

********************

60 comments:

  1. I did enjoy your hubby's shots of your garden areas. Very nice perspective. Beautiful view of your garden area. Hope all goes well with your car and the DIY project. We are in the midst of a few projects ourselves. thank you Amy for hosting Five on Friday! Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful to see your husband's photos. He did a great job! That foxglove is funny. It's amazing to me, like with hollyhocks and sunflowers, how their stems are so strong to keep them up right, especially when they are twisting and kinking their way skyward. :) Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The foxglove makes me think that it's saying "it's summer... no it isn't... yes it is". It's very confused!! Sorry to hear you have a cold, summer colds are the worst in my book. Thanks so much for hosting this great link party, I enjoy reading everyone's posts. Take care of yourself dear lady xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love his view of the rhubard from underneath, I often try and do that, get another perspective, it adds interest. The garden is looking stunning Amy, really lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your amazing foxglove Amy. It is interesting to see how someone else views the same subject in photography. He took some lovely photos. Have a nice weekend. B xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sure a Gin & Tonic or three would certainly help numb your cold. Any vitamin c from the lemon slices would be an added bonus. Lovely photos especially the garden shot x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a clever idea! I'd never dream of asking my other half to do something artistic. Practical, yes, but not artistic. But your hubby is clearly very creative and has a great eye. Your garden is lovely and much bigger than mine (not to mention better cared for) and I'm a teensy bit jealous, if I'm honest. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a good idea! I'm surprised Hubby didn't show us the tiles or the car! Ha ha The photo of your garden looks particularly wonderful, you ought to get it framed. So glad the yucca plants are doing well, I'm looking forward to seeing the flower when it opens. Hopefully your cold will clear up soon. Have a good weekend. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your garden looks idyllic Amy. Loved hubby's photos. Thank you for sharing.
    Hope you feel better soon
    Jacquie x

    ReplyDelete
  10. That Fox Glove is amazing, I wonder what makes it decide that bending like that is a good idea. Lovely photos, your hubby has a great eye. Good luck with the car and I hope you feel better soon. Thank you for hosting, have a lovely weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. We had warm rhubarb and icecream last night. Andy cooked the fruit and I made the ice cream! I had some fab fox gloves last year but none this time. I love those pale pink ones. Have a great weekend. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great and unusual photos of your garden your husband has an eye for different shots and angles. The foxglove is amazing. Sorry to hear you have another cold Amy, I hope it isn't a bad one this time. Do take care and have a lovely weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your garden looks beautiful Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such wonderful colours in your garden, the rhubarb leaf is enormous, hope the stems are big and juicy too, Thank you for hosting Amy, ps my five on Friday is a bit different today - hope its okay, if not please let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely photos of the garden from your husband's perspective. What a funny shaped foxglove, I wonder why it's doing that.

    ReplyDelete
  16. love the twisted foxglove, fantastic colour! we grow an apricot foxglove in my nans memorial planter.
    Be careful with it around little ones though, Foxglove (Digitalis) is deadly poisonous if eaten

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your husband's photos, and your garden looks gorgeous in no. 3. What a great idea to get him to take some pictures to share. Sorry you've had a horrible cold, I hope you get over it soon. I'm sure the gin will help, or at least it might make you forget about it for a while! It sounds like you have a busy weekend ahead. Good luck with the car, and I'm glad to see you'll be fitting in a little crochet and maybe some plant choosing. Enjoy! CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really enjoyed your husband's photographs, someone elses perspective is always fascinating. There are some very twisty foxgloves in my mother's garden too! I wonder why they do that?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely to see your husband's nice photos, Amy! The view of your garden is very pretty and the rhubarb leaves are so interesting. I've always wanted to grow rhubarb but haven't seen it at the garden center here. So glad that you are doing a recap of your podcasts. My internet is so slow, it won't download them. The technicians say it is because we live so far from the nearest connection.....sigh. Sounds like a busy weekend - take care and hope you feel better soon. xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  20. It is interesting the way we all have a different persepective when observing things and places - I like your husbands take on the garden. Whatever have you done to the foxglove, I think that you must have given it a drink of stout!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great photos from your hubby and thanks for sharing. I especially like the overall view of the garden, as I love snooping at other peoples gardens. Echinacea for your cold or is it hayfever? Have a lovely weekend and take care.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Get the tiler to take more photos, Amy, he really has an eye for photography. I love the shot of your garden with the trees framing the photo. Husband and I did this last summer when we both went to Rosemoor (NHS, N. Devon) and we both took photos of much the same things, both were nice but just slightly different.
    I hope your cold will soon be better. I felt for you with your last podcast and wanted to hand you a tissue!
    Margaret P

    ReplyDelete
  23. He really has got an eye for photography, I enjoyed looking at the beautiful pictures. Hope you are feeling better soon, this constant change in weather can not be good for anyone. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a talented hubbie, in so many ways!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your garden is lovely Amy, just as I imagine an English garden to be. And I love the twisted foxglove! Happy weekend. xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love the Foxglove!! And the photos are stupendous.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Interesting to see your garden through your husbands eyes and he certainly showed his artistic side with these pix. Love the foxglove, how silly is that!
    Good luck with getting your car fixed and I strongly recommend taking your vitamin C with a gin and tonic wrapped around it, always works for me.
    bon weekend
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  28. I loved your hubbies view point on the garden! And what a lovely garden it is :) It looks like the perfect spot for a lovely high tea with some lovely friends.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Loved your hubby´s photos, great to see them from anothers eye. Hope you are feeling better soon, have a great weekend xcx

    ReplyDelete
  30. Your husband did a great job of taking the pictures. The view of your garden is very pretty. It looks like a relaxing place to sit and enjoy!

    Hope you have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  31. Your hubby should take more photos ... he quite the "eye". Really enjoyed seeing your garden. Hope you feel better soon ... colds are no fun. Sounds like you have a lot on your plate for the coming week between the car and washer and Crochet! Have a fun week!

    ReplyDelete
  32. great shots, i really love that last one and yes, that is a beautiful garden! rhubarb reminds me of my grandpa...he had a plant and sometimes when we were outside he'd just cut us off a piece to munch on! i haven't had rhubarb since though!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Your garden is so beautiful. What pretty pots!
    Your husband's photos are wonderful. I try to find the beauty in something decaying. It is interesting try especially for photographers. Thank you for your host,Amy.I am pleased to join you. Have a good day

    ReplyDelete
  34. Always good to see another point of view, I know that Mac and I never see the same think. Hope your car doesn't need much and that your cold clears up.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Great photos, isn't it interesting how we all focus on different views of the same subject? Treat yourself to a G&T this evening, Amy. Purely medicinal you know! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just popped back to say that tomorrow is World Gin Day, incase you needed an excuse to have one (I don't! ;-) ) xx

      Delete
  36. Hi, Amy. This is my first visit to your blog. I am just returning to blogging after a 2-year break. The Five on Friday looks like a fun event, so I think I will join up.

    Wow, your garden is absolutely stunning. That third picture is a "frame it" for sure. What a delight it would be to have a picnic there.

    Happy weekend,
    Patti @ Embracing Home

    ReplyDelete
  37. What!!! Are you after double comments this week!!! What fun. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hee hee! Just experimenting with something!

      Delete
  38. Your garden is stunning and your husband has taken some great photos of it. I am behind in replying to blogs and watching your last two podcasts so have lots to catch up on this weekend. I hope you recover from your cold very soon, I would definitely break open that gin! xx

    ReplyDelete
  39. Great photos, Amy, and what an interesting idea for a post! We should all do that every now and then, to observe familiar things from somebody else's point of view.
    The third photo is also my favourite.
    Hope you are feeling better soon, have a lovely weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  40. Great garden shots. So happy for your yucca success! Have a great weekend Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Summer colds are super rotten. > Drink cool things. Take care of you. Loved your husband's views of the garden. FUN

    ReplyDelete
  42. Found your hubby's point of view of your garden quite interesting. Made me wonder what my husband would come up with! Hope your cold gets better. We take Ester C for our colds, knocks it right out. Over the counter extra strength C it is.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Woo hoo good for your husband. You've done well Amy he is well trained as a Blogging Assistant with a VIP mention for his great photography :) Sorry I've been absent recently but been living it up in England!!
    Wren x

    ReplyDelete
  44. Bless your hear still being sick, you need to REST!
    Hugs,
    MEredith

    ReplyDelete
  45. Your hubby has a good eye- nice shots. I like the garden area. Thank you for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Wow, Amy, You are doing soo much at the moment. I do hope you can slow down and take it easy to get over your cold. Fancy, a summer cold. Aren't they the worst? Wishing you lots of hot honey and lemon drinks, warm sunshine and healing hugs. xx

    ReplyDelete
  47. What a great idea to showcase your husband's photo perspectives! He captured some lovely views of your garden!

    Happy weekend to you...and I hope your cold gets better! Thanks for hosting "Five on Friday"!

    ReplyDelete
  48. Thanks to your hubby for his wonderful photos! Your garden is lovely.
    Sorry you are still sick - get better!

    ReplyDelete
  49. Goodness Lady! YOu need to kick that cold once and for all!! I worry about you. xoxo
    The garden photos are so lovely - good job to the Hubby!! ;)

    I love that you're so excited for your yucca - so cool! And I'm so happy that your paperwork is all okay.

    Get lots of rest and feel better once and for all. Blessings on your weekend HOn! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  50. The foxglove made me laugh!
    Love the view of your garden. it is quite beautiful. I can see how much you love being connected to the outside. I'd want to be out there all the time if it were mine.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  51. Your garden is looking beautiful Amy and that wonderful husband of yours has taken some great photographs. I hope you're soon feeling a lot better. I think you should give the gin and tonic remedy a try. Have a lovely weekend. X

    ReplyDelete
  52. Beautiful garden. We are still a bit cool here...things are really just beginning to open up in our gardens. I don't have a garden anymore but I love to admire my neighbors gardens as I walk.

    ReplyDelete
  53. Hi Amy! I just posted my first Five on Friday post but was too late to be added to your link. [ I just got back from two weeks of camping last night and had a great time. :) ] I'm sorry you are still battling a cold, and am cheering you on to win the battle. I very much enjoyed seeing the world around you through your hubby's camera lens...and especially the full view of your lovely garden...patterns and colors of growth are interesting! Happy rest of your weekend :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  54. A great idea to ask hubby for his photos this week. I'm impressed with the flowering yucca. I read The Mitford sisters and really enjoyed it, they led fascinating lives.
    Caz xx

    ReplyDelete
  55. How interesting! I like the first rhubarb leaf photo and the twisty foxglove. I wonder why it did that? Your garden looks lovely, a restful place to be.
    Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  56. Hi Amy! I linked back! Sorry it took me so long, I got busy and never returned to my blog till now! I will link back again on Friday :) Hope your weekend is going well!!

    ReplyDelete
  57. Darling Amy, you simply must rest to kick that cold. If you don't rest, it will come back again. You work way, way, way too hard.

    Hubby is an excellent photographer with a great eye for interest.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for stopping by to visit and for leaving a comment, I love hearing what you have to say and I read all of your messages.

All comments are moderated, so it might take a little while for your comment to appear, but it will once I have read it!

Thank you again for visiting!

Amy xx