Friday, 13 May 2016

Five On Friday

Happy Friday once again!!

It is lovely to have you here reading, joining in and visiting other bloggers, thank you for stopping by!

I will jump straight in with my five things and then go on to some general chit chat at the end.

One - Blooms


I am sure that you are just as overjoyed as I am to see things blooming again in our gardens and when we are out and about in our daily lives.


I am so pleased to see flowers again in the garden, it thrills me every year to see things flowering again.  I just can't get enough of them!


I am especially excited about these beautiful purple geraniums, they have spread beautifully!


Two - Foliage


The leaves are now almost fully out on the oak trees.  There are leaves coming out on the vine too - you know how that always thrills me!


Not exactly foliage, but the leaves on the rhubarb are getting very big.  I am planning to make a rhubarb fool - I will let you know how it goes.



Three - Buds


As well as lots of flowers there are lots of buds.  Always a wonderful sign of the promise of more good things to come.



 Five - Geraniums

If you have read my blog for any time you might have noticed that I have an annual struggle with my geraniums - that are actually pelargoniums of course.  I always try and keep them and never manage it, and end up buying new ones.

This is this years new crop.  They are doing well - so far...


Five - Weather

Well, the weather.  What can I say.  It has been up and then it has been down again.  This was the temperature - in the shade - yesterday afternoon.  On the up again.  Let us hope that it stays around for a while.


Before I say anything else I want to say a massive thank you for your incredible comments on my post on Wednesday about Mothers Day.  Your responses have been so very kind and thoughtful and supportive.  Thank you!!!  I was so sad to read some of the comments that you left about your own or other family members difficulties with this day, but I hope you now know you are not alone.  Next year I think I will do a post on Mothers Day to celebrate all of us who find the day difficult rather than just ignoring it as I have in the past.  We will do it together, with love!

In other news...

Thank you for your lovely comments again on the podcast.  If you wanted to know how to subscribe or join the Ravelry group there are instructions in the shownotes on this weeks episode and I also explained "how to" in the episode.  I had a question about questions as well.  There is a thread in the Ravelry group for questions, if you are not on Ravelry though - it is free to join - you could leave any questions in the previous weeks podcast blogpost - quite a mouthful to say that! - and I will pick them up and answer them in the next episode.

I had planned to have my new shawl pattern out this week, but for reasons that I will explain in a moment I have been behind with everything this week.  My hope is that I will get all of the info uploaded and so on to Ravelry today or if not over the weekend.  I will do a blogpost.  Sorry if you are waiting and for keeping you hanging on.

The final thing and the reason I have been occupied this week.  If you have read my previous posts about Man you will know that a "family conference" has been planned.  Tomorrow is the appointed day.  We are hosting, so I have been doing quite a bit of extra cleaning, food preparation and general panicking around the house this week and we have been making "notes for discussion".  So my attention has not been with my online - or work! - life really.

So apologies again about the shawl pattern and for not visiting you so much lately.  I have been reading, but comments have fallen by the wayside because I have been busy, but also because the computer has been playing me up and it doesn't seem to want me to leave comments and keeps throwing me off the internet and all sorts of other things - which has also delayed my pattern writing and uploading!  It does seem to be back to normal now, but if I don't appear, please bear with me and know that I am reading and I am sorry if I am not leaving you messages.

I know that we all have demands on our thoughts and prayers and that there is a lot going on the world right now and in your lives, but if you have anything spare and can send us good vibes, thoughts, prayers or whatever your thing is tomorrow I would so appreciate it and so would my husband.  We are very stressed about this meeting and not at all sure that it will go well or that we will achieve anything.  We have received some rather antagonistic e-mails and phone calls so we are now quite anxious.

I will let you know how it goes when it has happened.  I will probably need to blow a gasket or two and writing it all down is good therapy!

Anyway, I will leave it there for today.  Hopefully all is well with you and you have had a good week and great plans for a fun weekend!

If you aren't taking part in Five On Friday let me know in the comments what you are up to this weekend.  If you are taking part, please link your post below, and if you can go and visit some other participants and leave them a comment to say you have been.

Thank you for taking part, reading, being here, watching me, supporting me and being general all round wonderful people!!!

Happy weekend!

Amy

p.s. I just realised that it is Friday the 13th, I hope that only good things come to you this day!

********************

43 comments:

  1. Once again, I'm off to bed after commenting here. Your garden is looking lovely - it's such a wonderful time of year when everything begins to blossom. The tulip that's nearing the end of its bloom is still beautifully coloured and with interesting shapes as it dries. Have a good weekend, Amy. Thank you for hosting Five on Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it looks so lovely there Amy. I really can't quite imagine times of the year without flowers. It is so mild here there is always something growing and flowering. No rest for the gardener.
    Have a nice weekend. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will be in my prayers Amy, I hope you and your husband are able to get your points across without too much confrontation and that the family consider the real needs of Man and agree to get appropriate help. My parents were in a similar situation many years ago with my sweet Nan, unfortunately they were forced to have her sectioned in the end for her own safety. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its lovely seeing everything stir back to life in the garden, its like meeting up with old friends :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I shall have you all in my thoughts tomorrow Amy. Hoping it's not as bad as you fear and something positive will be achieved. Sending love x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What lovely flowers you have in your garden.
    Good luck with the family conference. I hope it brings a successful outcome for all involved.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've enjoyed the tour around your garden. Now the weather is so much better it's
    lovely to get out there. I hope the meeting goes well and there's a positive outcome to the discussion. Thank you for hosting Five on Friday once more.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope the conference goes well, never easy to make plans for someone else. Your flower shots are stunning, what a brilliant time of year it is. Hope you have a lovely weekend. B xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck with the conference, hope it goes well. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your garden is looking great, I love this time of year where the garden springs back to life and becomes more colourful. My thoughts and prayers will be with you and your husband tomorrow and I hope it doesn't prove too stressful for you and that you have a successful outcome. I will be back later with a Five On Friday post once I have got my act together. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely photos of your garden. I hope your family meeting goes well and that you can look forward positively to the next stage whatever that may be. I've been through this on a smaller scale as there was just me and my sister to cope when my father was in a similar situation. Take carexx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Garden is looking lovely and ooh - rhubarb! I love rhubarb.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely post, Amy!
    Good luck for tomorrow! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I totally agree with you Amy and share this spring / foliage / buds extasy with you! Your garden is full of promise - isn't it lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I totally agree with you Amy and share this spring / foliage / buds extasy with you! Your garden is full of promise - isn't it lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hardy geraniums are great for ground cover, they do spread themselves about. I've had to split mine this year as I had such a huge mound. I'm not always successful overwintering my pelargoniums but they've done okay this year. I have some gorgeous dark leaved ones which compliment the scarlet flowers. They were free from the garden centre a couple of years ago and they're still going strong. I want to take some cuttings from them this year. Good luck with the conference, I hope it all goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous blooms, Amy. You have an alium about to flower; mine are still fat buds! It's such a fabulous time of year. Best of luck for the weekend. I hope it goes well. Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  18. I don't envy you the meeting, but it sounds like you are well prepared. I will pray that it will go smoothly and that God will be glorified through it. About the geraniums: I'm so glad you posted that, for I have huge dinnerplate dahlias in my basement (somewhere) that I need to locate and get planted. I think next week will be a lot of garden planting for the early crops. I hope you have a productive weekend, Amy. Thanks for the FIVE. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such pretty plants and flowers Amy. Thanks for hosting the fun and have a nice weekend. Julie xo

    ReplyDelete
  20. Good luck for your meeting. I hope things go well.

    Beautiful pictures! I am SO glad Spring is finally coming. The winter always seem so long, cold and snowy. They seem to get longer every year. The only good thing this year was that I didn't have to get up at 4am to go to work!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful pictures - I enjoyed your 5!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Good luck with the family conference. Your garden is looking wonderful and I love your thermometer. Nothing exciting planned here over the weekend, I'm afraid. Just lots of trying to keep E calm before the dreaded exams. I might follow your lead and pick some rhubarb though. xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. So glad to see your blossoms. I head to the UK for a week tonight. We had snow this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  24. So happy to see that Spring is in full swing in your corner of the world. Love all the telling photos of growth happening. I will pray for the meeting planned tomorrow. After all is said and done I hope you will sit relaxed and enjoy your clean and quiet home for the rest of the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Amy, I am a first time participant today! I have seen this meme at several of my favorite blogs, and I decided that it's just what I need to jump start a return to regular blogging. Thanks for hosting!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh such gorgeous flowers in your garden! But that first photo is amazing...stunning shot and gorgeous flower!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful flowers. Good luck with your family conference. Funny, I don´t really think of Friday 13th, my grandfather was born on such a day and would always add up car number plates or raffle tickets to that number and always won! I suppose it rubbed off xcx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thanks for the lovely flower pics! Good luck with your meeting with tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Your garden really does look lovely Amy,so much in bud. It does help to life the spirits doesn't it? I do hope tomorrow goes ok for you, family life can be very tricky and stressful.
    Best wishes Caz xx

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love your geraniums.. we winter ours over every year.. we put them in the basement on the landing and don't water them all winter and then bring them out in the Spring and water them. We pick off all the dead leaves and pretty soon they're looking fine and putting out flowers. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Happy Friday Amy! Your garden is looking beautiful and good luck with the pelegoniums, looking good at the moment. I hope the family conference goes well and achieves all that is needed for the person concerned (and you too!). No F on F for me this week due to increased commitments and pressure on time. Enjoying reading everyone else's though. Have a good week. X

    ReplyDelete
  32. Lovely photos - and love the white dicentra. It's so nice to see things spring back into life isn't it? Have a lovely weekend - best wishes for tomorrow x

    ReplyDelete
  33. Gorgeous Photos!!! Truly a WOWZER Post!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Your garden is looking lovely and I'd love to know how you go with your rhubarb fool and see the result. Mine looks to be about the same size as yours, but I was told not to pick any for the first year it was in. Nearly there. Hope all goes well with your meeting and my thoughts and prayers will definitely be with you both. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Amy, I do hope the family conference goes smoothly, at least it is a step forward to even be discussing the situation, rather than pretending it's not happening. Lovely garden photos, I love geraniums too, got some red ones to plant out :-) Thanks for hosting F on F, I will get to visit some of the participants over the weekend, I'm sure xx

    ReplyDelete
  36. Gorgeous photos of the flowers! Hope you have a great and restful weekend and that all goes well for you and your husband. Take care!

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  37. hope the meeting goes well x and have a lovely weekend. we're hoping to finish the new raised bed x

    ReplyDelete
  38. A lovely Five on Friday that celebrates the wonderful growth of the season so well. I hope your meeting is productive and all goes well for you and your husband......sending love.
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete
  39. A lovely Five on Friday that celebrates the wonderful growth of the season so well. I hope your meeting is productive and all goes well for you and your husband......sending love.
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete
  40. Beautiful pictures Amy, hope the meeting goes well. Just wasn't up to Five on Friday this week, I was brain dead.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Hope the meeting goes well. I have a friend in India who is going through the same sort of family thing. She fills me in every day on what's going on. I think it helps to release all the negative energy that comes from these sorts of situations. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Good luck with the meeting, it will all be over by the time you see this. Hope it went well. Sorry about not joining in this week, my mind has been taken up with work matters.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  43. I just finished digesting the Five on Friday for May 13. It's now 10:19 p.m. on Thursday, May 19. Tomorrow I get a whole new batch of fun. You've brought so much joy to my life. I feel in touch with the whole world, thanks to you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for stopping by to visit and for leaving a comment, I love hearing what you have to say and I read all of your messages.

All comments are moderated, so it might take a little while for your comment to appear, but it will once I have read it!

Thank you again for visiting!

Amy xx