Monday, 25 April 2016

Day off

I am having my first "week off" since I started working for myself.  Of course it turns out that I am not "off" at all!!  Hubby is though so he wants to do "off" things which we will do more of later in the week.

Today we went to the garden centre to pick up some plants for our pots and a few other things of course.  We had a wander around, it was surprisingly busy for a week day.  I don't normally frequent garden centres on week days so I didn't expect to see so many shoppers.  All was good though.

I didn't take my camera as I thought, oh, I have my new phone with a camera!  I didn't take many photos though.  Just these two...


This big pot was big enough to stand a whole person in, in fact a group of people!  At £999.99 - yes that is correct! - we didn't buy it though.  Can you imagine, you could plant a couple of trees in there!!

I also took a picture of these bird baths.  Not quite what I am looking for either!


We did buy plants though and I will try and remember to photograph them to show you later in the week.  You will certainly see them later in the year as they grow.

I have also been trying to work really hard on a design project which I have ripped back at least three times now so I took it to crochet in the car.  Not so good!  Turns out the roads around here are really bumpy!!!  I will spend this evening crocheting though to make up for it.  That is why although it is a day off, it hasn't really been.  Hubby was not impressed...

We also went and bought tiles for the walls in our laundry room, a lovely sage green, which I also don't have a photo of, but which I will again of course share in time.

So, you see, I did all of this "stuff" on the go with my on the go camera and took hardly any photos.  Not with it yet at all...

Thank you so much to those of you who have already found me on Instagram, and for your welcome, it has been lovely and you are all so kind and welcoming.  If you want to find me I am lovemademyhome - there is a link in the top of the sidebar, click the Instagram button.

Hope that you all had a good Monday whether you were working or not, or supposed to be working or not!

Amy

22 comments:

  1. What an enormous pot! I'm just thinking that once that things is in place you're never going to move it again so you would have to get it right first time!
    Have a good week.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm hoping you are feeling better from your coldy thing now Amy :) Im sat here trying to work out which garden centre that is l - not that I'm rushing out to buy a £1k pot!!!!
    I'm too scared to go on Instagram in case I get addicted lol
    Jillxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy,
    You have been busy! Well, I really like these terracotta pots, although some of them are a tad over-sized!
    Looking forward to seeing your projects:)
    Jemma

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very impressive pots, although at that price they need to be a tad more than impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am getting plants out of pots to cut the watering and feeding time, I now have a big stack of empty ones need to come up with an idea for them :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I knew pots were expensive but that seems rather excessive! Sage green tiles sound lovely; I can't wait for the Ta-Dah. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. The price of those pots is ridiculous but most things in garden centres are these days, Some of the plants are too our gardens must be worth a fortune. Glad you are enjoying instagram I must try and get on there more often. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  8. The big pot would be great for an olive tree. I saw one at a home and garden retailer once and couldn't help drooling over it. I believe the pot and the plant together were about 999 euros. But first you'd have to live in a country warm enough for olives. That will not happen here, not in my lifetime anyway. But of course there's always Italy...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Considering you had a day off, it sounds as if you've been really busy! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the pots, but agree they are really getting expensive. We plant in the ground instead.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely garden and what and enormous pot with an enormous price. Here in Oz, pots are also an outrageous expense, especially terracotta ones. Look forward to seeing what your plant purchases were and good luck with the crochet project. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Whoa! That pot costs a pretty penny for sure. Glad you had some not so time off! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love thos ebig pots but there is not way I can afford them! Every now and then I can find similar ones at yard sales. Do you? Your tiles sound so pretty...sage green is such a calming color.

    ReplyDelete
  14. We went plant shopping today too, so lots of gardening tomorrow. Looking forward to your photos. Can't believe someone would pay £499 for a flower pot.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Whoops, meant to say £999.99. Egads!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You saw some fun things on your outing. I'm starting to hanker for a birdbath in our garden. But it's a little far for me to go to your garden centre!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I find that when my hubby has the same day off as I do, it isn't a day off for me either! You got a lot done though!

    ReplyDelete
  18. They sell those sort of pots here, but certainly not with such a high price! As you can image container gardening with the heat and dryness for a lot of people is the way to go for the terraces and courtyards. In Gata de Gorgos they have dedicated stoneware shops quite an array of wears. Enjoy your week xcx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Who in their right mind would pay £1,000 for that lump of clay? To part with that sort of money for a fine example of the potters' art, I could imagine, but not for that. I love old pots, and nice pieces of garden statuary, but the ones we see in the gardens of historic houses, not the mass-produced tat in garden centres. We have bought two lovely ceramic pots which cost a total of £40 and are delighted with them. And how would you move something that large? It would need a fork lift to put it in place and then perhaps a ladder against the side to fill it with compost - and think how many bags of compost it would require? And what on earth would you actually put in it? Yes, an olive tree perhaps? That would be another grand, I reckon ...
    Margaret P

    ReplyDelete
  20. It is good to have a day off just to mooch around even though there is lots of stuff to do too. That is a huge pot with an even bigger price, I can imagine it with an olive tree in it:)

    ReplyDelete
  21. It took me a good long while to remember I had a camera with me as long as I had remembered my phone. Now, I have it out almost all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  22. You have been very busy my friend. Those pots were expensive! Although I am not designing anything I have still spent a lot of time frogging my project lately. Best of luck creating!
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for stopping by to visit and for leaving a comment, I love hearing what you have to say and I read all of your messages.

All comments are moderated, so it might take a little while for your comment to appear, but it will once I have read it!

Thank you again for visiting!

Amy xx