Monday, 11 April 2016

Best Friends

I haven't always had a best friend, I have had friends, I have had some very nice friends, but never a best best best friend.  These days though, I am lucky enough to have a best best best friend!  She knows who she is and I hope that she is reading this.

When we met up recently she surprised me with a little gift.  I fear that I wasn't as appreciative as I should have been because I was so totally surprised by it and it threw me a bit.  Hopefully as I say she will be reading this and will though now know just how much I appreciate it.  I will any case tell her when I see her again very soon.

After reading on my blog that I love stationery she decided to give me this beautiful book.  I wanted to share it with you because it is so pretty and also as a way of thanking my friend.  At first I thought it was "just" a notebook or diary.  Then after my friend explained about it and having then been able to look through it at my own pace I realised that it is in fact much more.


There are diary pages, the diary isn't dated so you can use it for any year, or multiple years perhaps.  There are also other sections for many different things.

Pages for phone numbers perhaps or other things that you want to keep an alphabetical note of.  Books you have read maybe?


A section for birthdays and anniversaries with reminders of what the different anniversaries and birth stones are.  Who knew that Hops are the flower for October for example!


There are also beautiful line drawings and colour illustrations spread throughout the book.  This is just one of them which I thought was particularly pretty, although they are all gorgeous.


So that is just a little bit of lovely that I wanted to share with you.  My lovely best best best friend and how lovely she was to give me this book which is also really lovely!  Lovely all round.

Thank you my dear friend!  See you soon!

Amy

32 comments:

  1. What a lovely book. It's something you'll be able to fill in, keep and look back on in later years. I love reading through old diaries and seeing what things I was up to at that time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a beautiful book and such a nice gift. It has been along time since I have had a best friend and know what you mean. As time goes by and people move away we lose touch with them. I have not seen or heard from my best friend for years. We were very close when our kids were small. My Daughter is very lucky, she is still close to all her friends from grade school and she will be 40 next year. Maybe in the near future I will have someone to call a best friend. I believe we should never give up on anything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet friend and a lovely book, too. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a delightful book from such a thoughtful friend. I'm sure she knows how much you appreciate her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes we're surprised at who our "friends" really are. They appear in unexpected places and times. I have learned to cherish all my friends for their unique place in my life. I'm happy for you to have this sweet lady at this moment and place in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Friends are wonderful. I'm sure you are a great friend too Amy X

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think friends are what keep us sane in this crazy life of ours. I have three friends I could not live without, one I talk to all the time the other two a little bit less. Bet we have a great history and they make my life much more bearable. Your friend is lucky to have you and her gift is wonderful.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a lovely book and one you will treasure.
    I have three or four best friends, the person I met on my first day in school in Devon (when I was seven) more than 65 years ago; my friend from my second school (before Grammar School) who was then my next door neighbour for many years (and we still email daily); my friend whom I met in 1957 who eventually introduced me to my husband and who has lived in Canada for the past 50 years (but she's still my best friend) ... three really super best friends, all equally my 'best' friend.
    Margaret P

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a perfect book for you - your best friend clearly knows you very well! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the word lovely! How very nice to have a bestie. The book is very sweet and I'm glad you are enjoying it. Have a wonderful (lovely) week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. "Think where man's glory most begins and ends, and say my glory was I had such friends."
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a thoughtful gift. But then, that's one of the things best friends do so well!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful book. How lovely to have such a thoughtful friend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely indeed ! I ADORE books like that, they are like the best kind of notebook, plenty of space for thoughts and lists but with some built in lists as well just for the pure pleasure of reading them! lovely lovely lovely!
    JIllxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. A lovely book to treasure, how sweet :-) Hope you have a wonderful week!

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  16. Friends are a lifeline as I am sure yours is. A beautiful and thoughtful gift.

    ReplyDelete
  17. A lovely book from a close friend, something to treasure xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a lovely book, and a wonderful present from your best friend. Sometimes those unexpected gestures are the ones that mean the most xcx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Best friends are the best andI think you are going to enjoy using this book. I didn't know hops are the flower for October either, which reminds me that we saw many hop fields in Kent this weekend. At first I wondered what a field covered with very tall upright wooden posts could be growing and then I realised they were the framework for the hops to grow up!

    ReplyDelete
  20. A lovely book and a lovely friend too by the sound of things

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a thoughtful gift! A little bit of whatever you need it to be...

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a beautiful and thoughtful gift!

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a lovely and sweet gift from your best friend!

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a great gift from a sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  25. That is so beautiful. Surprise gifts are the best, although I know just what you mean about being thrown a little when it's unexpected. So wonderful to have a best friend like that X

    ReplyDelete
  26. A surprise gift is very special, and you clearly have a very special best friend. What a clever book, one which might keep even moi organised! xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. A very handy book for someone who likes to make lists ;)

    ReplyDelete
  28. She knows you well, it seems perfect for you x

    ReplyDelete
  29. A very thoughtful and beautiful gift.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for stopping by to visit and for leaving a comment, I love hearing what you have to say and I read all of your messages.

All comments are moderated, so it might take a little while for your comment to appear, but it will once I have read it!

Thank you again for visiting!

Amy xx