Thursday, 4 February 2016

Messing about in blogs

I have been messing about with my blog again!

In a good way though this time and I am far more confident, quicker and proficient than I ever used to be.  It is very satisfying to know what you want and to be able to make it happen without a mass of fuss isn't it.

Not that I ever thought that I would get to this stage, or that it is perfect.  There are several things that I want to do that I don't yet seem to be able to, but I will get there.

So what is new?

A new header - simplified and now the same across all of my "platforms" if I dare to use that word.  I have also added my photo onto all of my social media outlets so that you know it is me.

I changed the badges that you can click to find me elsewhere.  That is what those rectangles are over there on the right hand side near the top.  The ones with crochet and writing.  Click one and you will find me somewhere else - should you wish to find me somewhere else that is!!!

Making these was particularly satisfying.  I have had little dots up there before and it took a long time to get those in place, but I needed to add to them, and I wanted something more personal to me so a change was in order.  Having struggled to make them before, once I quickly looked back I knew exactly what to do this time.  I even figured out how to make them all the same size which is the bit I am most pleased about!  Sad I realise!!!

Another change is to remove all of the book reviews from the sidebar - they are now on their own page.  You can find the link at the very top of the sidebar - click Reading My Books to see the reviews now all sorted by author.

I will also be adding pages for my crochet, recipes and so on and gradually those things will go from the sidebar too.  That will be a longer job though as I want to include photos in those pages and that takes me more time.

This is a good start though I think.

I would love your feedback on how things look, how they work, do they work and so on.  If you click something and it doesn't work please let me know and if you cannot find something that you think was there before please let me know that too.

I am definitely not any sort of expert in this area, but I am enjoying it and as I said, it is very satisfying to be able to do something that you want to do isn't it!

Hope that you are finding some satisfaction today!

Amy

38 comments:

  1. Hi Amy, your new blog design looks so nice and fresh for he new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks smarter, neater somehow. Like it a lot, good to be consistent now you have a 'business'. NEED you to help me with mine!!!!!! Well done Amy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done on the changes you have made, Amy, although they don't affect me directly I'm sure they will be helpful to others, especially those who buy and sell craft items. I like the plain and simple header, too.
    Margaret P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amy, the bloglovin link is going to blogger, not bloglovin. Other than that, everything looks great. Well done you! :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anne by blog doing buddy! I have fixed it now! xx

      Delete
  5. whenever someone freshens up their blog, I feel the urge to do the same!! love the header and back ground color, looks really nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks wonderful!!!!
    I am scared to death to touch anything on mine!
    I have no idea how to do anything!!! : )
    Good job, my friend. : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks lovely!
    I visited your Pinterest board "winter" and found immediately the Moomin House and the house of my dreams! Well pinned! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Goodness me, you are certainly found in lots of places!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations, it all looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks great Amy very neat and tidy, I daren't do too much with mine in case it disappears or something. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks good , no hodgepodge, I like that the buttons match.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The new blog set up looks so clean and tidy ......just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Blue is my favourite colour so it's a thumbs up from me. (I'm not sure how I ended up with a pink blog!)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think it looks great and is easy to navigate :-) Have a great day!

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love it Amy. It looks modern and clean (even if that sounds an odd word to describe your new layout!). My fav colour too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very nice Amy, it looks very neat and tidy. Clever old you! You'll have to tell me how to back up the blog one day, I can do the template back up but not all the words and pictures! Eek! x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your blog looks simply lovely, Amy. I love the fresh look.

    Have a wonderful day! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looks lovely Amy, nice and fresh and clear.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've just been catching up with your posts. Very exciting times ahead with your new venture, I wish you lots of luck with your Etsy shop. The pom poms are fab!
    Your wreath is lovely, perfect for the Spring, the daffodils are so sweet.
    I love the term sun puddle.
    Enjoy your weekend.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  20. It all looks good to me - and way beyond my capabilities!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the colour of your new header Amy, I have made some changes myself, it is enormously satisfying to realise that you are actually learning things at the same time as being quite creative. A lovely, fresh new look xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Well done Amy. I still have trouble knowing anything about blogging, other than, that I did actually get mine up and running after 8 months of trying and not succeeding, but I seem to have come to a standstill with any other bits. I love what you've done on your sidebar and when I have time I'll pop into them, though we do follow each other on Pinterest anyway. Look forward to seeing the rest as you get them done. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Looks great Amy! Pretty color - and I love the side boxes with the crochet. Everything looks clean, classy and easy to navigate. Great job Lady! ;) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  24. Amy, I love the new look! Love the colour, font and simplicity of the new header. Very clever of you to know how to do these things!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Good on you - it's quite amazing how much confidence we start to gain, when playing around with things on the computer. I would not say I am tech savvy in anyway, but I am the go to person the kids come to, if they can't get things to work.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Very smart Amy, nicely done. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Well done, Amy! Way to go! It IS fun to mess around with blogs. I used to add all kinds of bells and whistles (like sound) and now I've simplified. We grow and change. I love what you've done. Easy to navigate!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love a sleek cleaned up look! Good job. Blogger is very user friendly

    ReplyDelete
  29. Nice clean lines Amy...it's looking good. I like fiddling too it's part of the fun of blogging. B xx

    ReplyDelete
  30. It looks nice and streamlined. I used to love puttering on my blog, but now it does not allow me. Keep having fun with it.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Looks great ! Oh there is so much one can do and learn with the blog plate forms I have changed up my blog and colours and fonts so many times I like changing things up every now and then , I use the customize settings and lots of my own photos I take through out the year for me it makes my blog just that bit more personal . Hope you have fun with it all . Thanks for sharing , have a good day !

    ReplyDelete
  32. It does look nice - so clean and organised! Very satisfying when you can make the changes quickly and easily. The "dots" are particularly nice ... are they a blogger feature or did you customise something?

    ReplyDelete
  33. It looks great! I'm very impressed. I don't dare to do anything to mine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. My blog needs an overhaul, but I'm too scared to do it! I JUST (um, like 2 minutes ago), figured out how to embed replies to comments in my blog (duh). Your changes look great... at some point I need to streamline mine and reorganize. Nice Job!

    ReplyDelete
  35. I like the new look, Amy. Clean and simple and a great header.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for stopping by to visit and for leaving a comment, I love hearing what you have to say and I read all of your messages.

All comments are moderated, so it might take a little while for your comment to appear, but it will once I have read it!

Thank you again for visiting!

Amy xx