Sunday, 14 February 2016

Sunlit Sunday

I missed Sunlit Sunday last week and was determined to find some sunlit moments to share with you this week.


Starting with the good, I have finally had some progress with my work and am getting things organised and sorted out as I want them to be.  That has made me happy and the day that I finally got things moving was very sunlit for me.

I also had the lovely walk that I took on Thursday - shared here.  That was another sunlit moment of joy.  Getting out, walking, being somewhere different, enjoying the sunshine.  What could be better than that - even if it was really cold it didn't matter.



Looking up to the sky is one of my favourite things to do and something which I often do when I am sitting at my desk because I have a great view out.  The only bone of contention is that the neighbours house directly opposite always exactly blocks my view of some of the amazing sunsets we get sometimes!  Could be worse though.


I took these photos these week and they are all just as I photographed them, all on automatic.  So dramatic and so wonderful.



There have been many sunlit moments this week.  The most wonderful of all was yesterday when Hubby came home with an armful of tulips for me for Valentines Day.  I don't have anything against roses in the summer, but they aren't my favourite choice for Valentines so I was so very happy to see the tulips he bought me.  What a kind and lovely man!



Sadly this week it hasn't all be sunlit and tulips though.  I had some very sad news about a friend and colleague who is ill.  They telephoned me to talk.  I don't think they really have many people to talk about it with and that made me sad.  I don't want to say any more because it is their story and privacy, but if you have a spare prayer or good thought you can spare I am sure that my friend would be grateful.


Those are my moments from the week.  Whatever happens I will keep looking out for sunny skies and sunlit moments and all things beautiful all around us.


I hope that you are having a Sunlit Sunday and a lovely Valentines Day.  Hope you have a good week too!.

Today I am joining with Karen at My Little Home and Garden for Sunlit Sunday, tomorrow I will be joining with Judith at Lavender Cottage for Mosaic Monday.

Happy Valentines!

Amy

39 comments:

  1. The house behind us blocks my larger view of the sunrise - so I sympathise!! Your cloud photos are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What stubby skyscapes Amy. Sent up a little prayer and keeping you and your friend in my thoughts X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photos and I'll say a little prayer for your friend. Glad that you are getting sorted for your work and soon you'll be cruising along. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful skyscapes. Sending thoughts and prayers to your friend. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning photographs and your trademark kindness shows in your concern for your ill friend. Sending good thoughts to them, and to you as you help them through a difficult time X

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful. Best wishes for the week ahead x

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's wonderful having some glimpses of the sun this past week.
    Enjoy your tulips, such a sweet thought.
    Sending some good thought out there for your friend.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had similar news of a friend this week; life can be so unfair sometimes can't it? Beautiful sky photos. Glad you've been enjoying some sunny (if chilly) walks. Have a happy week. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What lovely pictures of sunlit skies Amy. I am addicted to walking, and wish I could be over there in your cool climate to walk and walk! The intense heat is back here, high 30s, making walking so difficult unless you cut sleep and get up extremely early! Happy Valentine's Day, and have a great week. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely photos Amy. You and your friend are in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I will keep them and you in my thoughts Amy x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just great skies! Have a good - and organized - week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely photos ! I am sending prayers for your friend . The sun is shining today to and it is lovely as the sun sets later and later each day and also rises earlier each day and I love it . Thanks for sharing Happy Valentines Day to you both .

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so sorry about your friend, bless them. You are dealing with many people in need lately and of course they call you because you are so wonderful.
    Happy Valentine's Day,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's been lovely seeing a little of that big, yellow thing in the sky this week, it's been absent for so long. Lovely sky photos. Wishing your friend all the very best.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such lovely skies - always great to see.
    Enjoy your Valentines Day.
    Sending positive thoughts to your friend.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  17. Some super photos Amy - and I went back to look at your walk which I really enjoyed too! Hugs to you and your friend
    Caz xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ooh dramatic skies, I love them! Sending good thoughts your way for your friend, I'm sure you made their day so much better by being on the other end of the telephone that day. xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Red tulips are beautiful and much better this time of year instead of roses. Sorry to hear about your friend, will add her to my prayers. Sunlight is so important. We walk each morning and when the sun is shining I feel bouncy with energy and when it's cloudy I feel tired and grumpy.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful Sky photos!
    Have a good new week

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful photos :) Sorry about your friend, I'm glad they had you to talk to

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful skies. Sorry about your friend...
    visiting from Sunlit Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Stunning photo's I love the skies and sunsets this time of year, have a good weeks
    Clare xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great photos Amy,our thoughts and prayers are with you and your friend

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful pics! Last week the Best Beloved told me that I am "a cloud person" because I am always noticing the clouds and telling him to look at them. I think you must be "a cloud person" too. I am sorry to hear about your friend and will say a prayer. x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Lovely photos, Amy. I'll be thinking of your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  27. beautiful clouds and sky photos, I do hope your friend will be well!! Happy Valentine's day.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Happy Valentine's Day to YOU, sweet Amy! Tulips ARE the best! Yay for smart hubby!
    I love your sunny sunbeam shots. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Happy Valentine's Day (and NOT happy birthday-blush)! Tulips are lovely at this time of year, although my beloved did bring roses. I won't complain one whit. Houses block our view of the sunset, too, but we can look beyond and see most of it. I'm sorry about your friend and have prayed for her.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Beautiful skies Amy! They are peaceful, just looking at them.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hello, gorgeous sky captures and mosaics! Happy Monday, enjoy your new week!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Sunny days and fluffy clouds are great for self reflection and I do hope your friend has better days ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Well a little rooftop in the way hasn't deterred you from getting some beautiful sky shots anyway Amy :) I have the same thoughts towards a ton of hydro wires giving me an ugly view of our sunsets. I don't really notice them until I take a photo though. I do hope your friend has found some comfort in talking with you. They obviously recognize a true friend and confidante in you. Sending a little prayer their way. Happy week to you!
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  34. Beautiful sky photos. I enjoy them too as they are ever changing. I hope your friend is doing okay, I sent out a prayer for her. You're being such a good friend to her in supporting her, everyone needs a friend like that. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Tulips are very much appreciated this time of year! I just wish they lasted loger in a vase!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Sunshine always brings a smile!

    Donna@GardensEyeView
    and LivingFromHappiness

    ReplyDelete
  37. Beautiful pictures Amy, I am obsessed with the clouds and the sky, I took tons of pictures of both this weekend. I'm sorry to hear about your friend, I will be thinking of you both xx

    ReplyDelete
  38. The sky is such a source of ever changing beauty. I was very sorry to read about your friend's illness. Your friendship and listening ear, I'm sure, is a source of comfort.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for stopping by to visit and for leaving a comment, I love hearing what you have to say and I read all of your messages.

All comments are moderated, so it might take a little while for your comment to appear, but it will once I have read it!

Thank you again for visiting!

Amy xx