Monday, 19 October 2015

Christmas Card Swap 2015

This swap is now closed, no further sign ups I am afraid.  Sorry if you missed it, but please look out for the swap again next year.  If you have signed up to swap, you can find out who your partner is by reading this post.

OK, now, let me start off by saying this.

There is to be no screaming.

There is to be no fainting.

There is to be no running off in the opposite direction.

There is to be no screaming and running.

There are to be no histrionics of any kind.  At all.

Most importantly, there is to be no tearing out of hair.

Or sobbing, or crying or wailing!!!!!!!!!!!

It is with absolutely NO regret at all that I must inform you that it is now less than 10 weeks until Christmas.  Yes, that is the truth!!!!  I am as terrified as the rest of you!!!

That means that we need to get started on a little project!

Do you remember last year that I organised a Christmas Card Swap?  Well, me being me, I decided to make it very complicated, international or not, your own country, one card or two.  Oh gosh, it was endless.  I got very confused and I am sure that many of you did too!  I had two - yes two! - spreadsheets going to keep track of it all!!!

That said though, it was great fun and there were cards going around the world to different places and arriving and lots of good wishes were exchanged.

So, because it was such fun, I have decided that perhaps we could all have another go at it again this year.

But a bit simpler!

So I am launching the Love Made My Home Christmas Card Swap 2015!  With much easier "rules"!!!

http://lovemademyhome.blogspot.co.uk/

If you would like to swap ONE Christmas card with ONE person then sign up on this post by leaving a comment.

You must have a blog to take part and readers must be able to leave you a comment - that is so you and your swapper can get in touch!  Please don't post your address in the comments though, that would just make me terrified!

If you only want to swap in your own country, then tell me where that is and I will do my best to match you up.  Otherwise I will assume that you are happy to go worldwide.

Last date for sign ups is Monday 16th November 2015.  Partners will be assigned later that week - I will try and post them the following day on the 17th.

Cards to be sent no later than Friday 4th December 2015.  I know that is very early in some ways, but is also likely to be the last posting date for sending overseas for most of us.  If your last posting date is before that, please just send the card before that date!

Finally, this is JUST a card swap.  No matter how lovely you are, or how lovely your recipient is, this is just a way to send a simple, old fashioned, handwritten Christmas greeting to someone!  So don't send anything else please!!!  If you both become friends and agree privately to exchange a gift that is up to you, but I don't want to place any additional burdens or expectations onto anyone.

That is it!  Despite all those "rules" it really is easy!  Sign up, get in touch with your partner and post each other a card!  Simples!

Oh, and while I am at it, I shall risk it and be the first to say "Happy Christmas" because you are probably already throwing virtual bricks at me for bringing up the subject!!!  Hee hee!!!

Amy

56 comments:

  1. Yay, Christmas is coming. I love Christmas - bought a new little tree and two baubles yesterday. I would like to swap a card again this year - yes please, Amy. It is a lovely tradition you have started. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah!!! Yes please count me in. Loved it last year. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Amy, I can't wait for Christmas and would love to take part in this year's card swapxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in. I made 30 Christmas cards way back in March and have been dying to get the box out and have a bit of a rummage around. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh yes! Me please. What a wonderful idea. I wondered why I didn't join in last time but it was because I didn't have a blog back then. Good on you for organising this Amy. X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, and I can't believe how quickly it seems to creep up on us. I'd love to be involved in your swap, don't mind where in the world. Love Christmas xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Count me in. 10 weeks, I am suddenly not feeling as confident as I was. Such a wonderful time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm due my Christmas dream any night now. I dream that it's Christmas morning and that I waken up to the realization that I haven't sent any cards (nor bought any to send), haven't bought any presents and haven't bought or prepared any food. The family will soon be arriving and I have nothing to give them. Then I waken up and get myself organized! I'd like to get involved in your swop this year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Count me in, Amy! It sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes please Amy count me in again - world wide too x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hee Hee, Happy Christmas Amy. I took part in the swap last year and I'd like to do so again please, I don't mind where I'm sending to.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A simple Christmas card swap sounds like great fun. Please sign me up—world wide is fine. One must begin to think of these things so I am not tossing any bricks at you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm in again, enjoyed it last year, sure I will this year.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Is it worth my life to say that, bar a couple of stockingfillers, I am DONE!!!! (I plan Christmas like a military operation and I start in September!)


    But yes, please, I am IN.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm in . INternational is fine! I just finished Christmas fingerless mitts. :) Im ready

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'd love to join in Amy, and thanks for doing this. I did hear yesterday that there are 10 Fridays until Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yippee, I am excited already, so love Christmas. Anywhere for me , don't mind..xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a fabulous idea I would love to join and I am happy to send anywhere in the world.

    Angela - Garden Tea Cakes and Me

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh yes please, count me in. I'm in Canada and am happy to send a card anywhere in the world.
    What fun...
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm in, Amy. It's a lovely idea. x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sounds fun Amy, please count me in. Love the idea of TWO spreadsheets!
    Caz xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh yes please! What a lovely lovely idea! I am happy to post anywhere. Thank you Amy x x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Go on then... Lovely idea. And I secretly love Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Amy...count me in please. I'm happy to post anywhere. x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Me, me, me! I'll join in and I'll send anywhere in the world. :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. I would love to join in - happy to post anywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a wonderful idea Amy!! Love it - and thanks so much for wanting to organize it. You are a Gal after my own heart filled with holiday spirit. ;)
    I would love to join in and will gladly send anywhere!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh how fun! I have hosted an ornament exchange two years in a row and this will be the third, but I would love to exchange a card with someone too! I will send anywhere! :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. i am in, purdy please. so fun! can't wait!! ( ;

    ReplyDelete
  30. Amy....where do you get all the time and energy to do this?
    You are amazing...
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  31. No bricks from me ...... I would LOVE to do the swap again.

    Would prefer to stay U.S., but it isn't mandatory.

    Merry future Christmas! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  32. oooooh!!! lovely idea! count me in, please! xo

    ReplyDelete
  33. Great idea! Please add me to the list of participants (happy to post anywhere). Thanks for organising.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hello Amy,
    Wow this sounds like a really fun idea. So sorry I missed yours from last year. I would love to do this to and ( I will send anywhere).
    Julie xo

    ReplyDelete
  35. Yes - great put my name on the list Amy. I don't mind where I post to. Thanks. Joan at www.aviewtothefells.com

    ReplyDelete
  36. Oh yes, count me in Amy. I'll send anywhere in the world. A simple Christmas card swap is a GREAT idea! It's wonderful to receive real mail these days.

    ReplyDelete
  37. I'll give it a go. Our postal service isn't the best but I keep trying.

    ReplyDelete
  38. I'm in too, ho ho ho
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  39. What a great idea Amy,,,count me in and I will send anywhere. Happy Autumn!

    ReplyDelete
  40. I've just see this on Jo's blog over at Through the Keyhole and I would love to join in please.
    Thank you.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  41. Please add me into your swap, everyone loves to receive a card.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Yay! I didn't miss the deadline :) Please add me to your list Amy! Thanks!!
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  43. A wonderful idea, please add me to your list.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Ooo hello, I'm new here from Poppy patchwork and I'd LOVE to join this swap! In fact it's like I knew, as I bought lots of Christmas cards yesterday! Can't wait! I'm following this blog too now X

    ReplyDelete
  45. Oh Amy, you have the patience of a saint! Yes, count me in my lovely, I will send anywhere, and remember to let me have your address too to send you one also xx

    ReplyDelete
  46. a card swap sounds lovely, count me in please, I'm happy to post worldwide x

    ReplyDelete
  47. Yes please. Have started my cards today, so starting to feel festive. x

    ReplyDelete
  48. This sounds like fun! Count me in, please! :)

    ReplyDelete
  49. I would love to participate, I live in Malta but I will send my card everywhere !

    ReplyDelete
  50. Happy Merry Christmas and I love to send cards to anyone who wants to receive a card. I'm in VA, USA.

    ReplyDelete
  51. I would like to join in too. I'm in Australia and am happy to send anywhere. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  52. I'm squeaking in under the deadline Amy. At least I hope I am as it is Sunday morning here and I'll exchange anywhere, I'm in Canada.
    We need to keep card exchanges and letter writing alive!

    ReplyDelete