Sunday, 14 June 2015

Bloggy pals

Do you know the super lovely Carrie from Northwoods Scrapbook Blog?  If not you really should pop by and visit her.  As the name of Carrie's blog says, she lives in the north woods - American north woods that is! - and she is a great scrapbooker too.  Although I am not sure if scrapbooker is a real word!

If you join in Five On Friday you will probably have already met Carrie because she is a regular participant.  She also shares some really delicious recipes as part of a scrapbook that she is writing for her daughter.

Recently Carrie was awarded a Liebster Award and she passed it on to me.  Thank you Carrie!

As you know if you are a regular reader, I always graciously accept any awards that come my way because I think it is only right to accept something that someone wants to give you.  However, because I am rubbish at selecting people to pass things on to, I always pass on the award or tag to you all to participate in.  So I will be answering Carrie's questions in just a moment, and I invite you to answer them as well!

Please do go and visit Carrie as well as she is a fairly new blogger and I really think that you will enjoy getting to know her.

1.  What are some of your favourite hobbies?

Well, I think that you know them already!  Gardening, crochet, history, reading - when I have time! - and blogging.  Oh and cooking, and travel.  Too many to mention probably!!  Anything planty or crafty or foody probably sums me up!

2.  Why did you begin blogging?  How long do you think you'll continue?

I have shared about the why before - to join in with the fun! - as for the how long will I continue I have to say that until Carrie asked this it wasn't something that I ever gave any thought to.  I guess that I will keep going as long as I enjoy it and time allows and as long as people stop by to read.  Not because I want lots of people, but I want to share and if no one is interested then it would be time to stop!

3.  If you could live anywhere in the world where you would live and why?

You will probably also know if you are a longer time reader that I have lived in many places around the world.  In the end though the old saying applies.  East, West, Home is Best.  This is now my home and I love it - as you knew! - and so I would stay here.  I am settled here now I think.  Recently something reared its head and I thought we might have to move and I was excited about the thought.  We are not moving though and do you know, when I knew that I was so happy!  After a lifetime of being a nomad it seems that I have settled!  Never say never though.  We will see what the future brings.

4.  Do you have any pets?  How many?

No, we don't have any pets.  We have toyed with the idea of getting a dog - I love dogs - but we are just not around enough to care for a dog and it would not be fair on the dog.  One day though it will happen.  I am going dog sitting for a few days in the near future though - does that count!

5.  What are your favourite foods?  Do you do the cooking?

I have too many favourite foods!  Chocolate, but not so much chocolate flavoured things.  Asian food of most all sorts.  Salads.  All kinds of food!  As for who does the cooking.  Hubby and I share this.  If it is a roast he would do it, if it were something from a recipe book it would be me, otherwise we mix and match between us.  So it depends!

6.  What is the best lesson you've ever learned?

What to say to people.  I stress a lot.  I hate it when people say things like "will this matter in a years time" well, no, it might not, but it jolly well does matter now.  We have a lot of stress in our lives.  Real life big stress - illness and so on.  I don't stress about small things, so much so that I cannot even give you an example of something that I don't stress about, but I do stress about the health of family members, dealing with their issues, whether they will recover or not.  So in a year it might not be a stress, but it does matter now.

So what I have learned is to take care in what you say.  I try and do that in real life and in blogging life.  It is better to say something like "I am so sorry, can I help even if it is just to listen" or even to say "I hope that things will be as OK as they can be".

7.  If you could do any profession what would it be?

When I was a child I wanted to be a typist that could type while looking the other way and talking to someone - that was what my Mum could do!  Well I can do that, but I don't do it as a profession.  I can also type really fast - which is how I manage to write so much!

I don't really feel that I have a profession now, but I am happy in what I do, whatever that might be called!

8.  Would you rather travel to the past or go forward to the future and why?

I would not do either!  I don't regret anything that I did in the past, so I would not want to go back and change it.  It doesn't mean that I would do the same things again, I just don't worry about what has gone.  Nor do I wish to know what the future holds.  I want to live in the here and now.

That said, I would love to be able to talk to some people from the past.  Winston Churchill and some others - mostly politicians! 

9.  Do you prefer snail mail or e-mail to send letters to friends or family/

All of my family and friends communicate by e-mail.  I still send Birthday and Christmas cards by snail mail though!  No e-cards for me.  I also send thank you notes and acceptances to things by snail mail as well.  Always good to get some snail mail that isn't a bill though isn't it!

10.  You're shipwrecked on an island what one thing you would have to have with you?

In this day and age, I would say a laptop and internet access!  That way you could get messages to people, and could get what you needed!  I could also stay in contact with other people.  I most certainly would not need the Complete Works of Shakespeare - far too heavy! 

I hope that you have found the answers interesting and that you will take up the challenge and answer them yourself too!  Go on.  Have a go!!  It is fun.

Thank you Carrie for the nomination!

Amy

23 comments:

  1. Loved reading this one my friend as I learned so many new things about you! I like that you have lived in many places! I wish I would have done more of that in my own life but like you said never say never! Just so much fun Amy! Wishing you a glorious day tomorrow! Here is to good things!! Nicole xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved reading this post Amy, I always enjoy hearing people's answers to these sorts of questions. I'm so glad that you've been able to stay put and don't have to move. I know how much time and effort you've put into your home and garden, although no doubt you could do the same somewhere else if you had to. I hope you have a lovely Sunday. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. always fun to read answers to these kind of memes! your question 6 is very wise x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely, interesting, fun answers, Amy!
    Have a great Sunday! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always nice to find out a bit more about you Amy, great answers. I enjoy carries blog too and came across it by participating in your five on friday blog party. Your blog is always a source of inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved learning more about you, Amy. Your answer to the old Desert Island question is brilliant - and just what most of us would choose these days :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I came across Carries blog via your five on Friday. It was nice to get to know a little more about you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You sound very 'centered', loved reading your answers xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know what you mean by Home is best. I often think I would like to move somewhere else but when it boils down to it, I prefer to be where I am. It takes a long time to set up home. Have a lovely week Amy. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratualation on the award, well deserved. I enjoyed reading your answers. I'd love to travel back to the past, not my own past but since I've been researching my family tree there are so many interesting people I've found who I'm related to that I'd love to see what they were like and a few questions I'd like answering too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great post, Amy! I would have to have internet as well. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's always nice to learn a bit more about you, Amy. I really hope your island will have wi-fi.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's always nice to get to know blogging friends a little better. I did one of these ages ago. One thing that surprised some of the folks I worked with was the fact that I could keep typing while carrying on a conversation. It just killed them. :) Our systems coordinator came to show me how to use something in one of our upgrades and she looked at my keyboard which was all worn out and said, how do you know where the letters are? I told her I don't need to look, my fingers know where they are. In fact, if you asked me to find them, it would take longer for me to look for them, but if I close my eyes, I know exactly where they are. :) Have a great evening. Tammy P.S. give me yarn and a crochet hook and I'd be a happy camper just about anywhere

    ReplyDelete
  14. I loved learning more about you AMY1 i would have to have floss on the island, above all else. I have to floss!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I enjoyed getting to know you better with your answers. I imagine you'd find ways to make useful and pretty things on an island with the wild vines and such. Have a wonderful week ahead! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Always is nice know more about you dear amy!:))

    ReplyDelete
  17. I know Carrie from Five on Friday too. You have some fab answers here Amy and you are lucky to share the cooking in your house, I would love to have a roast cooked for me! I don't like chocolate flavours either but could happily eat any chocolate, anytime! Also, I would never feel the need to have the complete works of Shakespeare, I must prefer to watch his plays. Lovely to know a bit more about you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great answers, Amy. It's always nice to learn more about you! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I enjoyed getting to know more about you Amy and the honesty of your answers was quite refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I totally enjoyed reading more about your today Amy and wishing you a nice week!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Carrie is a sweetie! I did the same with the award - passed it to all because I hate to choose!
    I enjoyed your answers!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh I'm having such fun reading the answers of the lovely folks that I nominated! Love getting to know even more about you dear Amy. Thanks SO much for participating!!
    I love so much that you love where you live and that you want to stay in the here and now (not past or future). Although, I'm with you in that it would be so cool to be able to meet some amazing people of the past. I was surprise that you didn't have a pet as or some reason I had it in my head that you did. Doggie sitting definitely counts as giving "pet love" in your own way. ;)

    Thanks again for playing along - loved it!! Happy week to you. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  23. A fun post, Amy and it's always nice to learn a little more about the bloggers I read.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for stopping by to visit and for leaving a comment, I love hearing what you have to say and I read all of your messages.

All comments are moderated, so it might take a little while for your comment to appear, but it will once I have read it!

Thank you again for visiting!

Amy xx