Friday, 13 March 2015

Five On Friday

Welcome everyone to the Five On Friday!  Thank you so much to everyone who took part last week, you are more than welcome to take part again - and I hope that you will!

Hello to everyone who is new, you are most welcome here and welcome to join in.  Thank you for taking part.  Welcome to new followers!  It is lovely to have you on board too!



All you have to do is write a post about Five things.  You need to do it on a Friday.  Then you need to add a link back to my Five On Friday post.  I will try and put these up at 7 am GMT each Friday.  The link up part will remain live for 24 hours, so everyone around the world should have time to join in if they wish.  If not there is always next week!

To visit other bloggers taking part, just click on the link thingy at the end of the post.  Please do go and visit their lovely posts!

If you want to grab a Five On Friday Button or get more information, see the All About Five On Friday page the link for which is at the top of my sidebar.

********************
My post today is all about Red Nose Day.

Since its launch in 1988, Red Nose Day has become something of a British institution. It’s the day, every two years, when people across the land can get together and do something funny for money at home, school and work.

There’s a fantastic night of TV on the BBC, with comedy and entertainment to inspire the nation to give generously.

Comic Relief spends the money raised by Red Nose Day to help people living tough lives across the UK and Africa.

Every Red Nose Day there are different sorts of Red Noses available to purchase and the money all goes to Comic Relief to support the amazing work that they do.  This year there were nine different noses to collect, and even the opportunity to find one of a few golden noses that could win prizes.

Sadly, no golden nose for us, but we did buy four and have made other contributions this year to Comic Relief.

The noses are very cute, and started out by being fairly well behaved.  Sitting on the bookcase in my office.


The trouble soon started though.  First they tried to drive out of the house.  When they discovered they didn't all fit into their car they decided to run over one of their number.  Fortunately they were found out before they had chance to squish him.


After a good telling off they tried another tactic.  Picture frame hopping.


That didn't work either, and they got chased by a wildebeest!


After a brief rest in the fruit bowl...


Getting stuck in the fridge...


And marauding across the newly decorated mantel...


I finally managed to trap them under the cake dome.


They are not happy, but I told them, it could be worse.  What if they had ended up on the Comic Relief Bake Off, or even worse than that - been used as cake toppers!!!

Go do something great for Red Nose Day today!

Amy

p.s. I know there were more than five pictures, but it is permissible to cheat for charity!

 

42 comments:

  1. Some of those naughty red noses here too. Let's hope there's lots of money raised this year. The children's school will be doing their bit. Have a good day and a lovely weekend Amy. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great post to start the day - your red noses really made me laugh ! But didn't they turn blue, your red noses, when sitting in the fridge ? ;-))))
    I didn't realize there is a real Red Nose Day - I've know Comic Relief for years, and have seen the Noses, but a whole dedicated Day ? Cool ! I would wear a red nose if I'd live in England !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you bought the Mollie makes crafternoon magazine. Full if great makes. Including an Sttic 24 brooch very similar to the one you gave me. I've been asked to judge a school competition to design your own red nose. Catch is I also have to make the winning nose in crochet form. Yikes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Amy, what a lovely, funny post! :D
    Thank you for hosting "Five on Friday" & Have a nice weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This has made me chuckle this morning! Such a good idea. We love Red Nose Day too. The noses are great this year! Thank you for hosting Amy and have a lovely weekend X

    ReplyDelete
  6. That post certainly put a smile on my face. Thank you. Have a great weekend and take care.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely funny post to start the day well done :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post Amy, love the red noses - thanks for organising Five on Friday - enjoy Red Nose Day and have a lovely weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. My Grandchildren are all getting involved one way or another, its so nice that even the little ones can do something for other people. Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute post, hope you have a great weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Brilliant and Happy! Have a great weekend. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. So happy and funny, Amy. I love those red nose characters, which I have never seen before. As far as I know we only have the original red noses here. I think my grandson would like your little guys. Have a great weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Enjoy Red Nose Day, you and the red nose tribe!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Amy! What a fun post! Keep an eye on those naughty noses, as it looks as if they are planning more fun!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a really cute post. It's a great idea about the red noses. I saw a photo someone took on Instagram today with their children with red noses on but now I know what it's about! Hope you have a nice Friday and weekend.
    Julie xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. An adorable, educational post! And they say that Brits are stuffy! (Hope that I am not being rude by being the first to inform you what "they" say.)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Amy, you are one crazy lady, with all your little characters all over the house!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'd never heard of Red Nose Day - what a grand idea, wish we had something like that over here. Love the photos and the antics.

    ReplyDelete
  19. He he, aren't they good noses this year, though perhaps a little troublesome xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ha ha, you're nuts, in the nicest possible way. I took Archie for his walk this morning and passed all the children going to the primary school round the corner dressed up for red nose day, so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Red Nose Day...never heard of that one! Love your quirky, naughty little characters. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Red Nose Day, I hope this spreads to the States. Love your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love this tradition you guys do for such a great cause!! What a great post - so adorable and hilarious. I give you big points for humor and creativity!! Lol xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your post has made me laugh! Those red noses look cute and naughty at the same time. I wonder what they're up to now.........: ) Have a great weekend! X

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lovely post Amy, your noses are so cute haha you made me smile. Sorry I couldn't join in this week so very busy and no time to blog! have a great weekend. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. How funny! I've never heard of red nose day. I'm from the States so I guess that explains it. Looks like your noses had fun all week. Those crazy fellas.
    xx Beca

    ReplyDelete
  27. Ha-ha! Hilarious! Red noses for a very good cause. Hope they raise lots of eyebrows ... oops, I mean money. :) Have a great weekend, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  28. I'm glad it's not just me who does silly posts with inanimate objects!! I donated £5 to Dermot this morning, to support his 24 hour dancing, and I'll give more during tonight's programme, using up the credit left on my old mobile phone!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Loved your funny post!!! Wish we had a Red Nose Day in Belgium. That would sheer people up here!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh, I LOVED this! I miss Red Nose Day.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  31. Great fun! We had crazy hair and crazy face day at school today!

    ReplyDelete
  32. i have heard of this special day thanks to my YouTube friends. i really enjoy your collection. so cute!! keep collecting. ( :

    ReplyDelete
  33. HILARIOUS..........I CAN'T STOP LAUGHING!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. What a fun post - The noses look quite disgruntled trapped under the cake dome! Have a fun weekend. x

    ReplyDelete
  35. I utterly love that daffodil swag..... I think I feel a project in my bones

    ReplyDelete
  36. Fantastic - your naughty noses made me laugh! xx

    ReplyDelete
  37. Oh my! Those noses are a bit naughty! I'm glad you were able to capture them with the cake dish. (I love them in the egg carton.)

    ReplyDelete
  38. Oh Amy what a wonderful post!! I am still laughing as I write this!! What a great program. I'd be peaking Under your bed tonight they might be planning a sneak attack!!!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Hahaha! Great post, Amy. :oD

    ReplyDelete
  40. We copy so much from England, I wish we could copy Red Nose Day!
    I ADORE your Daffodils across your mantel, just gorgeous, perfectly made!!

    ReplyDelete
  41. ha ha,love those naughty red noses made me laugh.xx

    ReplyDelete
  42. Aren't they naughty, those red noses? They fit nicely into your fridge egg box!! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for stopping by to visit and for leaving a comment, I love hearing what you have to say and I read all of your messages.

All comments are moderated, so it might take a little while for your comment to appear, but it will once I have read it!

Thank you again for visiting!

Amy xx