Wednesday, 9 October 2013

Another one - or two

Yesterday I finished my poppy.  I have no idea how I managed to crochet the flower part, or the leaf, I just made it up, but I am pleased with how it turned out as I have never tried anything like this before.  I will of course get a paper poppy and make a donation, as I always do.  I liked the idea of making something though as I tend to lose the paper ones from my coat, and I thought this might work.  So, here it is!  I would refer you to The Royal British Legion website for information about The Poppy Appeal and Remembrance Day and also ask you to remember to make a donation to the appeal, even if you make your own poppy.



See you again in a couple of weeks little poppy.

So, what else!  Well...

Do you remember I told you a little while ago about our furniture repository situation which started with this table.  It is on the go again!


The lovely Sophie of Pineapple Retro has been on the hunt for some tables for me, you might remember we went to look at these tables which turned out to be too dark.


But...  Sophie had a coffee table come in which she was able to offer to me at a great price, so today I was able to go and pick it up as I had a day off.


Here it is with our existing coffee table.  Although it is smaller and lower, I really like it because it goes with our dining room table, but also because it will make the room look more open and less as though there is a barrier in the middle of the space.


I'm looking forward to hubby coming home so that we can move out the old table - which weighs a ton.  Now I have more furniture disposal to do!  We might try it in the hallway as a bench as it is quite high, but if it doesn't work, I will take it to the furniture project recycling so it will be used by someone who really needs it.


So, two more things ticked off my list, poppy finished and table collected!  The bonus is that if I take the table to the furniture project I can also drop off the old smoke alarms, so that will deal with another thing on the list - yay!

Amy

The Royal British Legion have no idea I exist, but they do wonderful work, so I encourage everything they do.  Pineapple Retro know I exist, but they charge me the full price, so I gain nothing from writing about the shop!

21 comments:

  1. I'm lovin' that coffee table, great design...and well done with your pretty poppy! Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chrissie! Just stopped for a cuppa as we are now rearranging all the furniture in the house again... Glad you like the poppy. xx

      Delete
  2. wonderful
    on my wishing list for a long time the nesting tables

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those pebble tables are hard to track down! Hope that you get a set one day, loving my new coffee table though!

      Delete
  3. Love the poppy. I have a crocheted one I bought last year and wear with pride, and I buy the paper ones too.

    And I am loving the coffee table - the design is really beautiful, such nice curves and lines. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are still playing the move the furniture round game, but I do love it too! You have great furniture in your house I seem to remember from your blog! Hope you enjoy wearing your poppy! xx

      Delete
  4. Hi Amy - Just visiting your blog but not sure just how I got here!! What a cute little poppy - I wish I could crotchet. Love the furniture too your dining table is just like one my mum had in her kitchen until she moved into her retirement apartment and bought all new furniture from Next! One of my greatest desires is to own one of those cute wooden Ercol settees with backs like your dining chairs. Will pop back again soon I enjoyed reading your posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All wandering bloggers welcome here! Glad that you visited, and I hope to see you again. Those Ercol sofas are lovely aren't they, so stylish. Such a shame your mum traded her furniture in. I will come and visit at your blog. xx

      Delete
  5. The poppy looks great, it's an appeal we should all be proud to support. I love your new table, I can see what you mean about it creating more of an open space, I bet it looks fabulous in situ.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The table is looking much better today without stuff all over the place. I am glad that you support the poppy appeal too! xx

      Delete
  6. Hi Amy, thanks for your comment on mine - why don't you click the link button at the end of my post and link in this lovely poppy? :-) Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know how to - I will pop over and give it a try!

      Delete
    2. I did it! Yay, that is my what I learned today! Sorry, shouldn't be congratulating myself like this!

      Delete
  7. Gorgeous coffee table really like that! Your poppy is so pretty x

    ReplyDelete
  8. A stunning Poppy Amy, and I LOVE your furniture.
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Irene, I love the furniture too! Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment, look forward to seeing you again xx

      Delete
  9. How clever of you to make a lovely poppy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting my blog, and for the compliment on my poppy. Look forward to seeing you again. xx

      Delete
  10. Wow, your poppy turned out fab, love the coffee table. Deb x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deb! Glad you like the table, I loved it when I got it, but I think I love it more now - not sure if it is weird to love furniture!! Thanks for stopping by and hope to see you again. xx

      Delete

Thank you so very much for stopping by to visit and for leaving a comment, I love hearing what you have to say and I read all of your messages.

All comments are moderated, so it might take a little while for your comment to appear, but it will once I have read it!

Thank you again for visiting!

Amy xx